Chapter 18- The Back Story

ENJOY THIS UPDATE ITS SUPER SUPER IMPORTANT

──

Jonathan's POV

Gripping my steering wheel tightly, I swerved into the parking lot of the diner and noticed the two police cars parked near the front. Pulling up behind them, I turned off the car and stepped out.

Twenty minutes ago, the manager called me saying that there was a huge fight in the restaurant and she had to call the police.

Usually, I would just tell her to deal with it - after all, that is what I pay her to do - but Liv was working today, and I had to see with my own two eyes that she was alright and hadn't gotten herself into some type of trouble.

Walking towards the front of the diner, I passed by a woman with gloves on her hand holding a bloody tissue up to somebody's face. When the woman moved to grab something else, I got a clear view of the person's face.

Julianna stood there, crying, blood running from her nose and scratches all over her face and body.

When she caught me looking at her, she glared at me and flipped me off, only to have more blood start dripping out her nose.

Rolling my eyes and speeding up my pace, I noticed Liv calmly sitting on the hood of her car, examining her nails.

The first thing I did when I made my way over to her was to grab her into my arms and place a kiss on top of her forehead.

"Are you alright love?" I asked as I felt her wrap her arms around me. I let go of her and grabbed her face, examining it.

She rested her hands on top of mine. "Yeah babe, I'm fine. Why're you here though?"

"I got a call saying there was a fight and I came to make sure you were okay," I explained and looked around. "I already saw Julianna's face so I know she was involved, but I can't seem to find the person she was fighting with. If she looks like that, I would love to see the other girl."

Liv laughed. "The other girl was me."

Confused, I looked down at her. "What the hell do you mean it was you?"

"I was the one who got into the fight with Julianna," She smiled. "Why is that so hard for you to believe?"

"Liv, there's not a hair on your head out-of-place, not a nail broken or a scratch on you," I pointed out. "How the hell did you manage to beat the living hell out of her and still look so perfect?"

"Aw," She placed a hand over her heart. "That's the sweetest thing anybody's said to me all week. I think I might shed a tear."

I rolled my eyes. "How did the fight even start?"

"Jon, she was talking a lot of shit. Talking about how she's going to get Josie back and when she does she's going to move as far away as possible from here and we're never going to see her ever again."

"So what'd you do?"

"I told her to watch herself and I tried to get back to work, but she just kept fucking talking. She started saying I was an alcoholic and drug addict and shit like that. You would've been so proud of me though because I just clapped back and ignored her."

"What'd you say?"

"I was like 'says the bitch who almost overdosed on fucking heroin.'"

I squeezed Liv's thigh. "That's my girl."

"But this girl wouldn't stop talking. It's like she wanted me to get angry and I tried so hard to stay calm, I really did."

"What was it that she said that caused you to lose your cool then?" I asked.