Chapter 23 (Part 2)- Plan B

alright so like the idiot i am, when i wrote chapter 23 i forgot to write this part in so here we have chapter 23.2

this is gonna be super short but i promise chapter 24 is following closely behind this along with an explanation as to why I haven't updated

-

Julianna's POV

"I don't understand how you fucked this up, Julianna! All you had to do was sit in the courtroom, shed a few crocodile tears, and be pretty!" Corina angrily exclaimed.

"This wasn't my f-"

"Did I say you could talk?" She interrupted, causing me to shut my mouth. "We had a plan! A plan so detailed and thought out that there should be no reason for it to fail! All you had to motherfucking do was answer a few questions and everything would've been dandy because you would have fucking won! Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"I-"

"And another thing!" She interjected before I could even get a word out. "How did you not know the answers to the simple ass questions they asked? They asked you who your daughter was named after and you opened your big, stupid fucking mouth and said something that was as far from the answer as you could have gotten! Did all the cocaine fry your fucking brain?"

"It was actually heroin..." I mumbled.

Corina spun around quickly to look at me. "What did you just say?"

Shaking my head, I glanced everywhere but at her. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Glaring, she continued. "The whole case was set up in your favor! We had the caseworker and therapist on our side for Christ's sake!"

Falling back into the chair dramatically, she threw her arm over her eyes and exhaled deeply.

Gazing around at the walls of Corina's apartment, the question of whether or not they were soundproof fell upon me. There had to be some type of something protecting these walls so her neighbors didn't hear her yelling every ten seconds.

I cleared my throat. "Corina, do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"If this question sounds in any way idiotic or dense I will knock all of your teeth out of your mouth."

"Well, considering I'm the one who, y'know, lost my daughter and all for like, ever, aren't I supposed to be like fifty times more upset about this than you are?"

Corina removed her hand from over her eyes peering at me, and I could tell she was about to yell. Just as she opened her mouth to do so, her phone that sat on the table started vibrating and the contact name 'B' popped up.

'B' was a commonly used name between Corina, Dontae, and I. She was the person that Corina got at least ninety percent of her information about the Stiller family from since she practically lived with one of them.

I don't know what 'B' means or stands for, who she is, what she looks like, or what she sounds like. She doesn't talk to anybody except Corina - not like I cared or minded.

While Corina talked to her mysterious source, I leaned back in the couch and zoned her out.

Finally, after a few minutes, Corina hung up the phone and called my name.

"You better be happy B and I have a backup plan."

-

i know y'all are probably like "why didn't she just add this to chapter 23 instead of writing this short ass, boring-ass mini-chapter??? is she dumb????"

well to answer your question:

1) yes i am dumb lol

2) there are people complaining about me always updating chapters that i've already posted

3) for the exact reason of number 2, some of y'all would see chapter 23 updated & not even look at it bc the beginning looks the same. then y'all would miss this crucial part & be confused from here on

4) THIS IS MUY IMPORTANTE

** lady in multimedia is playing Corina **

originally published: november 2016

edited: december 2020