Chapter 20- Ready to Testify?

ok i know absolutely nothing about court and how it works so we're just going to act like this how this stuff actually goes :) this is also unedited i apologize

──

Leaning over with my hands on my knees, I panted for breath.

"That was great Mia," Nicole, my modeling teacher, said as she patted me on my back.

Ever since I was signed to Angeli Benedetti a couple of weeks ago, I'd been coming to my classes every so often, but I'd recently started to come more often and I have to say that it has been the most physical exercise I've done since I took fitness classes in high school.

I stood up straight. "Thanks. I'm surprised I didn't pass out again."

Honestly, a year ago if somebody told me that this much went into becoming a model, I would've laughed in their face and told them that they were lying. I would've never guessed that this much strenuous work was needed just to walk a catwalk.

I have to give runway models some serious credit. The way they can perfectly do their walk as they're wearing clothing that is sometimes heavy, tight, and wide, while music is blaring, cameras are flashing at them from every direction, and that voice in your head is listing off all the things that could go wrong. They deal with all that and much more all without missing a step.

But when they do make a mistake, all people talk about is the one time they messed up, not the other thousand times they did it perfectly. The people who criticize models but have never once stepped foot within 10 feet of a busy runway don't understand how hard it is and need to understand how hard it actually is.

Being able to model is not only a gift, but also a talent, and it's not made for everybody.

A door to the studio opened and in walked my agent with a huge smile on her face.

"You look like you just ran a marathon," Amelia laughed.

Nicole scoffed. "She's just being over-dramatic."

I rolled my eyes. "Amelia, not that it isn't lovely to see you, but what are you doing here?"

She looked at Nicole. "You haven't told her yet?"

"I thought you were going to tell her when you got here," Nicole replied.

"But when we talked last night we agreed t-"

"Tell me what?" I interjected.

Amelia placed her hand on my shoulder and smiled. "Mia, are you positive you want to be a model?"

I looked at her warily. "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't."

"And you understand all the responsibilities it comes with?" Nicole added.

I nodded. "As far as I know."

Why do I have a really bad feeling they're going to tell me something I'm not going to like?

"Mia, we have something to tell you," Amelia said grimly.

I replied nervously, "C'mon spit it out."

Nicole sighed, "Mia, in a month, there's going to be a fashion show, and you've been doing so well that Amelia and I think you're ready to walk in it."

Wait, what?

"Are y'all serious?" I screeched excitedly.

They both nodded with huge smiles on their faces.

"Holy shit guys! You scared the living hell out of me!" I placed my hand over my racing heart. "You were acting like you were about to tell me somebody died and I was getting fired!"

Catching Feelings [bwwm]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें