Chapter 13- Nice Ass

"Josie, we have to leave now or you're going to be late for school!" I called up the stairs, glancing at my watch.

Josie called me yesterday afternoon, asking if I could take her to school today. She told me that her driver had suddenly come down with the flu, and her father hadn't come out of his room since Saturday.

I obviously knew the reason he'd been cooped up in his room like a depressed hermit was that his lawyers told him something he didn't like during their meeting. Josie told me that he hadn't even said two words to her since then but she was used to him being quiet and didn't really think too much of it.

She laughed as she began descending the stairs. "I don't even want to go, so the thought of going late doesn't really faze me."

"I mean you could always drop out now, but then how would you survive when you're older and broke?"

"Become a stripper, duh!" She finally reached the bottom of the stairs and headed towards the door. "But then again I have no boobs or ass..."

"Yeah, I think your best option is to stay in school."

We left the house shortly after that, belting song lyrics all the way to her school. As soon as I dropped her off, my phone vibrated in the cupholder with a text.

Baby Daddy #1: Meet me back at the house after you drop Josie off.

Meet him back at the house? I had to get to work on the other side of town in twenty minutes, and he wanted me to drive half an hour in the opposite direction?

You: I have to get to work James.

Baby Daddy #1: Fuck Jonathan, Mia. I need to see you.

Baby Daddy #1: Now.

Rolling my eyes, I turned around, heading in the direction of James' house.

~*~

Pushing the door open, I dropped my purse by the front door.

"James Stiller, you better double my pay this week!" I exclaimed, ascending the stairs, "You have me driving all around South Florida so you owe me gas money!"

I stood at the top of the stairwell, looking left and right. Where the hell is he?

"James?" I called, turning left. "I swear to God when I f-"

Suddenly, I was pulled into a dark room, making me scream. My back was pushed against the now-closed door, my legs wrapped around a waist. A soft, lingering kiss was then placed on my neck.

"I'm not giving you a fucking cent for your damn gas," James whispered against my neck.

I punched him in the shoulder. "You scared me half to death!"

He laughed. "I didn't even do anything to you."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, because pulling people in dark rooms against their will is nothing."

"You're alive, aren't you?" He asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Put me down."

"No," He replied.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed, "Boy if you don't put m-"

Within a second, James lips were pressed against mine, stopping my words. My back, which was once pressed to the hard door, was now against something so much softer.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him closer to me. Our lips moved in unison, and I couldn't remember a single kiss that felt the way this one did.