Two

". . .I" Niall stuttered. Liam looked at Niall with a worried expression and curious eyes.

"I had a nose bleed." Niall lied.

"There was quite a lot of blood, mate. Are you sure you're okay?" Liam asked still worried and unconvinced.

"I'm fine!" Niall snapped leaping off of the bed with a very enraged expression on his face. Liam was shocked at Niall's sudden change in behavior. Niall realized his sudden outburst and subtly cleared his throat. "I mean, I'm fine."

Niall cleared his throat once more but Liam was looking somewhere other than at his eyes. He was looking at Niall's arms that had been exposed when Niall leaped off the bed leaving his sleeves up. Liam stared at Niall's arms with a worried yet horrified expression on his face. Niall noticed what the other boy had been staring at.

"Ni, why wou-" Liam started.

"Just leave it alone! I don't feel like talking about it! Just get the fuck out!" Niall shouted now enraged and annoyed.

"But Niall,"

"Get out!" Niall said pushing Liam out the door.

Niall shut the door and locked it pulling his sleeves down in the process. He turned around to find Zayn awake and smiling at him. Thank God he didn't hear all the commotion Niall thought to himself.

"Zayn," Niall chirped. "Wake up, mate. We've got an interview in about an hour."

Zayn groans and gets out of bed. He'd always had such a soft spot for the blonde lad.

Niall was more than torn over the whole thing that had happened at the concert and Zayn knew he had to help his friend.

Niall exited the room, rushing to his own staying clear of Liam. He grabbed a t-shirt and skinnies. After getting dressed he ran down the stairs into the kitchen but was stopped by Louis and Harry groping each other on the kitchen counter.

"Guys?" Niall questioned.

The pair broke apart blush evident on their toned features.

"Oh, Ni. How's it going?" Louis asked.

"What . . . You two are like. . . gay now?" He asked the two.

"Harry's bisexual. I'm gay. It kinda just happened." Louis explained.

Harry looked death stricken. Niall followed his gaze leading to his arm. Without another word Niall ran to his room.

"Ni! Niall!" Harry ran after him leaving a clueless Louis behind.

Harry grabbed Niall's  arm causing him to shriek. Harry let go afraid he made it worse. Niall ran to his room locking the door behind him. He put on a jumper to cover the cuts from any one else. Zayn walked out of the bathroom, fully dressed after his shower. Walking down the stairs to Harry, Liam and Louis.

"He had cuts on his arm for fuck's sake!" Liam shouted unaware of Zayn's presence.

"Has anyone told Zayn yet?" Louis questioned. Zayn was confused. Who had they been talking about?

"Of course not. It would crush him. You know how close they are.  Zayn would be devastated." Liam said.

Niall creeped down the stairs and stood behind Zayn. Niall went unnoticed by Zayn as they both listened in on the commotion.

"Someone needs to tell him." Harry spoke.

"No! What are we supposed to say? 'Zayn your best mate is cutting himself.'" Liam shouted. Zayn froze, thinking he hadn't heard correctly. He couldn't have. Niall commits self harm? Why? For how long? Questions ran through Zayn's head as he feared the answer.

Niall tried rushing back up the stairs but Zayn heard him. Zayn had un shed tears in his golden eyes.

"N-niall?" he croaked.

Niall tried stumbling up the carpeted steps but was stopped by Zayn's grip on his hand.

"Niall, why?" Zayn asked.

Niall threw himself into Zayn's arms, sobbing loudly into his newly washed shirt. The other boys over heard the pair, walking towards the two with concerned looks.

"Shhh," Zayn hummed, rubbing Niall's back.

"Mate, we'll help you through this. We're a team." Liam piped up.

Niall sobbed louder into Zayn's chest.

"I hate to say this but our interview starts in half an hour." Harry checked his phone.

"Preston is outside waiting for us."

The four boys nodded, following Harry out their flat.

*

The boys were now backstage awaiting their appearance on the Adam and Sally show. I new television network that had recently hit the high ranking and got the opportunity to interview one direction. 

Lou, was now applying extra cover up onto Niall. He had told her that he didn't get enough sleep, that being the reason why he had bloodshot eyes with dark bags circling the usually bright blue orbs. [sorry. I couldn't think of anything else to say. I honestly don't like when FanFics say 'orbs']

"There! Perfect, now get out there Nialler." Lou smiled, adjusting the collar of Niall's shirt.  Niall smiled weakly at her as I stood up from his stool. Sauntering over to the others, Niall heard Zayn whispering harshly to Liam.

"He fucking hurt himself because of those," Zayn paused. "Those monsters. We're a band. They can't say they are a fan of our band if they don't accept all of us. We're a fucking team. I hate them. They're dead to me. All of them." Zayn whispered although it was loud enough for the whole room to hear. Liam frowned, placing a hand on Zayn's shoulder.

"You don't mean that, Zee." Zayn gritted his teeth.

"Yes I do. They are nothing to me now. After what they did to him," Zayn frowned.

"Not all the fans did it. A few out of a billion shouldn't determine your feelings towards them all." Liam tried reasoning.

Niall cleared his throat as he was finally close enough for them to notice him.

"You okay, buddy?" Liam questioned.

Niall nodded with a forced smile. He wasn't sure he could handle the hate. He can't face the fans. Especially not after the night before. The show had a live audience which meant facing the fans. Both Zayn and Niall dreaded the thought. Harty and Louis had hardly spoken to Niall since they found out.

They never meant to be bad mates but they had their own problems to deal with. They were focused on keeping their little scandal a secret but they couldn't stop the lustful stares along with the secret touches.

"You're on in five, boys."  A stage crew member announced.

"Forget them Ni." Zayn wrapped an arm around his blonde friend.

"Forget all of them."

Sorry sorry, sorry. I haven't updated in like forever. Honestly I didn't expect it to get this many readers. At first it only had four and I received no feedback. As some of you may know, Feedback motivates me to write! Thanks for reading. Updating soon! I promise! Within a week I promise!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY STYLES!!

_____________ ____

Side note: Inbox me any questions you'd like the interviewer to ask and state who the question is for.

Last edited: February 1, 2014 (possible publication date)