Thirteen

Early update since I reached my goal! Thanks, love you all! :) -Weirdox

The paramedics wheeled Niall into the ambulance Zayn following closely behind.

"Here son put this on." An Irish accented paramedic offered Zayn a shirt to wear.

"Thank you." Zayn sobbed reaching to hold Niall's lifeless hand.

Once at the hospital, paramedics rushed Niall into the emergency room ordering Zayn to wait in the lobby. Zayn sat crying, wishing he could have ran faster, so fast that his heart would almost give out, anything is worth losing if it means he can save the one he loves.

"Mr.Malik you may now go to the waiting room, If you'd like to be in a more private area. People are beginning to heard outside the door." A nurse spoke standing beside Zayn who nodded.

"Would you like to call anyone? Anyone you need to contact?" She asked kindly.

"Y-yeah. I have my phone, thanks." Zayn mumbled as they walked over to the waiting room.

Zayn decided on calling Liam first as he was the most likely to answer.

"Hello? Zayn, is everything all right?" Liam asked frantically.

"Niall's in the hospital." Zayn croaked.

"Oh my god! We're on our way." Liam hung up.

Several minutes passed before Liam rushed into the room, kneeling down next to Zayn. He said nothing, instead he hugged the older boy. Zayn cried into his friends shoulder when Harry entered the room joining them.

"Is he okay?" Harry whimpered as they pulled apart.

"I don't know." Zayn shook his head.

"What happened?" Louis sobbed running into the room.

"Louis, are you okay?" Liam asked. Louis was on his knees, wailing.

"Babe, calm down." Harry rubbed Lou's back.

"No, no, no! This is all my fault! N-niall I'm so sorry, I'm so so-sorry!" Louis was screaming and thrashing unable to accept Harry's comfort. Louis was hysterically worried about Niall.

"Louis, it's okay." Zayn mumbled.

"It isn't your fault. It's mine, I walked in too late. He, he st-stabbed himself right when I walked in." Zayn cried miserably.

"It's nobody's fault. If a-anything happens to him, you all need to know it was nobody's fault." Liam's voice cracked as a sob escaped from his mouth.

"Don't talk like that! Don't you dare talk like that, Liam! Ni's gonna be okay, we're all gonna be ok." Harry shouted.

A knock on the door startled the five of them.

"Perrie?" Liam rose an eyebrow.

"Jade?" Harry asked.

"We heard what happened, is he okay?" Perrie stood holding Jade's hand. Zayn looked up at them with an awk3++We don't know yet." Liam explained.

"Zayn can I talk to you?" Perrie asked Zayn who nodded.

"Hey," Zayn mumbled.

"Hi." Perrie fiddled with her fingers.

"Listen Zayn, I'm sorry."

"Don't," Zayn replied causing Perrie to frown.

"I'm the only one who should be apologizing." Zayn explained.

"I was such a bloody prick to you and Jade. I overreacted. I should have never said what I said. You're my friend, Perrie. No matter what I know we'll always be friends. I know you love her and it isn't your fault. You can't help who you fall in love with, I know that from experience."

"He loves you too," Perrie smiled.

"How do you know?"  Zayn questioned.

"I've always known." she shrugged.

"Thank you for coming, Per." Zayn hugged her.

"Of course, I hope Niall's all right." With that Perrie and Zayn joined the rest of the group in the waiting room.

"Jade, I'm sorry for what I said. I was being an insensitive ass." Zayn spoke bravely.

"All's forgiven." Jade smiled.

"Thanks." he smiled.

"Louis?" A feminine voice asked.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Harry growled.

"Eleanor, why are you here?" Louis asked.

"I wanted to make sure you were all okay."

"We're fine. You can leave now." Harry muttered.

"Wait, Eleanor I'm really sorry I hurt you." Louis frowned.

"It's alright. You're really in love, and trust me Harry, if I knew you two were together I would have backed off." Eleanor smiled.

"Sorry." Harry mumbled to Eleanor.

"Thank you Harry. I hope Niall's ok." Eleanor nodded. On the other side of the room was Liam, talking on the phone with his girlfriend who was trying to comfort him from Florida.

Everyone seemed to be needing extreme comforting, it didn't help that seconds later the doctor walked in with a sad look on his face.

Goal: +30 votes, +25 comments = Next Update.

Published: July 17, 2014