My dearest gadget!

"Please please please!" I begged him again and again.

God what should I do? I asked myself. I leaned forward to wrap my arms around him.

"I am sorry. Very sorry. Please say something!" I whispered in his ears.

Fortunately his arms wrapped around me. He returned my hug. Thank God! Atleast I knew that he was concious and back to reality. I patted his back so that he could sob openly.

"Let go..!" I said. He tightened the embrace, I knew he was devastated. His sobs grew louder and painful. Oh! No, I shouldn't have done that to him.
I shouldn't have... I shouldn't have, I thought and cursed myself.

After a while he calmed down. He released me and I pulled him up on his feet. His weak shaking legs forced him to sit on my bed. I dragged a chair and sat in front of him.

He kept staring at his hand. "Are you alright?" I asked stupidly. Ofcourse I knew he wasn't, but I had to make him speak.

He nodded. He looked like a little child who was beaten badly, his face was red and wet.

"SAY SOMETHING!!!" I shouted.

"Megha...!" He whispered. "My Megha... Dead?? Really! No she can't be, her brother is still waiting for her. I have to give her the chocolates that I've hidden under my pillow, I have to give her that birthday card. All her rakhi gifts are still stored in my cupboard, who will accept all of them? Who will tie rakhi on this bare wrist? Who will fill this brother's heart with love? Oh Megha..!" He murmured and squeezed his eyes shut.

I looked away. I couldn't see him that way.

I stood up to fetch the water jug. My hands were shivering, why!? I somehow poured a glass of water for him.

Just as I turned my gaze towards him I found him collapsed on the bed. He was asleep and was breathing heavily, maybe because he was too weak to come back to his senses or too tired to talk any further. He was curled up in my sheets, I smiled as I admired that childish face. Reality was so harsh on him, but that man survived, that caring brother survived.

I kept the glass on the table and sighed in relief. It was tough and harsh but atleast it was over! 

~^~

I woke up as the golden sun rays pierced through my eyes. I realised that I had dozed off in the arm chair. I paid a quick look at the bed, expecting Rohit to be asleep but instead I found the bed empty and the sheets undone.

I stood up and a blanket, which I hadn't pulled over myself, fell on my feet. Who had pulled that for me? I questioned myself. That's when I spotted Rohit, he was still there in my room. Since when was he awake? I wondered.

I strolled towards him, he was staring outside the window, his arms were hugging his knees and that huge man was shrunk into a small childish posture. His facial expressions expressed nothing, I just hoped him to be alright. Afterall I had put through all that, my guilt wad obvious. I looked at him, he didn't seem to even notice me, so I concluded to myself that I had to start the conversation.

"Morning!" I said and kneeled beside him.

He didn't bother to take his gaze off the window and just nodded his head.

"Are you fine?" I asked out of 'lack of topics to talk to a hurt person.'

He nodded again.

I gave up! And just like him I got engrossed in the scenary outside. It was calm and silent, just like Rohit's expressions then, but who knew what he beholded under them?