The Unforgivable Apology!

ROHIT'S POV:

My hand felt warm and assured in Mira's hand. I could feel myself breathing heavily and radiating nervousness.

I'd waited my whole life for this day, to meet my little doll, my sweet sister. Accepting the fact that the major reason of her being in that state was me, always made me regret my own peacful existence. We shared the same blood but very different paths of life. Mine was full of guilt and hers, maybe full of sacrifices and difficulties. If I had still been like before, cursing myself for the past but not actually doing anything to fix it, I wouldn't have been standing here.

That's why I owed so much to Mira, she'd pulled me out of that cozy blanket of guilt, forced me to accept the reality and mend all those things that bothered me.

I took one last glance at her before entering the house. She smiled, I took it as a motivation and accelerated my synapses to move forward.

It must have rained, the air was cool and moist, sun wasn't beaming warmth instead it was hidden comfortably behind the grey clouds and had thrown a shady sheet in the sky. It matched with my emotional state then.

"Careful!" Mira alerted me just before I was going to step into a thick brown coloured puddle. I had no control over my actions at that instant as they were all being governed by my nervousness.

"Nervousness doesn't suit you!" She commented.

"It is not everyday that I have to face it!" I admitted.

We reached the doorstep in what seemed to be like years. I hesitated before placing my foot on the first one.

"It's home," Mira said soflty. God! She knew exactly what I needed to hear at what time.

It boosted my confidence as I felt like home. No one is ever afraid to reach his home, because the people who reside in it are the ones we love.

The door was set ajar and I could hear two giggling voices mingling in each other.

I assumed it was Megha's and Neha's.

"It's so nice to have you back after so many days. Look at you, the glimpse of confidence in your eyes clearly exhibits how much my little sister has grown up." I heard her. I heard Megha. Her voice soothed my ears. It had appreciation, strength, warmth, confidence and love. Oh my God, the time had struck, I had to confront her.

Help me God! Please...

That was when I felt a push on my back which made me stumble right through the door. I glared backwards, Mira had done that on purpose.

"What!!? You wouldn't move in!" she whispered and winked.

"How can I help you?" Megha asked me. She spoke to me, after so many years, she was in front of me. Right there, seated in a wheelchair, but still alive, fiercely confident and sturdily breathing.

She was wearing a dull traditional sari and had her hair tied perfectly in a bun. That outlook was too matured for a twenty-five year old. Her eyes confided sorrow, patience, confidence and curiosity.

"I'm... I'm.." Ugh! I couldn't mouth words.

I was overwhelmed to finally have met her, guilty for that pain in her eyes, curios to know what she'd been through in all these years and afraid if she won't forgive me. Conflicting emotions took away my speech and I stood there staring at her, frozen in my place.

"Excuse me, sir?" She asked. It wasn't like she hadn't recognised me at all because her eyes were trying to recall me.

I tried to speak but it was stuck in my throat, ugh! Damn these words.