The Letter!

"I cannot believe this." Rohit replied in a shivering tone. "Amika? I treated her like my sister." He voiced disappointed.

A part of me felt really bad for him.

"I know," I said and bit my nails.

"Don't bite your nails now, think what should be done now!" He barked. The sudden tone change meant that he was trying to hide his feelings.

But still what the hell!!!? How did he know what was I doing.

"You creep me out. Sometimes I feel that you're always around me." I said, helping him to change the 'Amika' topic.

"I don't know about that but since the day you've met me, you've always occupied my thoughts." He said and abruptly paused.

Awkward!

"So the question remains, what do we do now?" He added.

I cleared my throat and started - "Well, I am not sure about this whole Amika's story, firstly we need to get a proof about that. But I don't think that should be of the utmost importance, the main thing is that Megha is alive. We have to meet her first. That's what I am most concerned about."

I heard him exhale loudly. I knew he was weeping, his joy was crossing all boundaries. I wanted to hold his hand.

I cleared my throat.

"Mira..." He spoke. My name again. I felt the shift in my stomach.

"I love my sister. She's my world. You don't know how devastated I was when you told me that she didn't exist any more. It felt like my guilt was tearing my soul apart from my body. But now, I'm alive again, just like her. You've given me life again, you've returned my hope." He said.

I preferred silence.

"Mira, I'm afraid."

"Of what?" I asked.

"She's my sister, I didn't know her much but I did a little. If I meet her, I'm sure she will be upset and angry. I am not that strong to confront her, Will she forgive me?" He asked.

"Megha loves you. That's all you should be knowing." I said.

After a few seconds of silence the line went dead.

I smiled at the phone and slipped myself under my sheets.

~^~

"Do you want more?" I asked Veer.

"Nope it's enough. I'm full." He said and pushed his empty plate forward.

We'd just finished breakfast.

"Well, I am still waiting for the answer to my question, Mira?" He said and sipped his cup of coffee.

I stared at my fingers.

"I had told you not to tell anyone, yet. Mira whom did you call last night? Why did you use my mobile?" He demanded for an answer.

I bit my nails and ignored his questions.

"Mira, listen to me...." He started but the doorbell rung.

I got up quickly and headed to the door. It was a fast walk of relief.

I unlocked the door and pulled it towards me.... OH MY GOD!!

I was stunned.

What was he doing there?

"I came here to see you." He answered.

I stared at him wide-eyed. Without blinking. I hadn't realised that my eyes had starved to see that face even when they'd seen it a few hours ago. He smiled wide at me, I was still gulping in the situation to react.