01

||Liyah||
I woke up to my sister rolling onto my chest . I rubbed my eyes looking at the time that read 3:21 before I got out of bed and walked out my room . I seen the light on where I spotted my mama at the table with her head in her hands as bills surrounded her .

I rubbed her back , I know were struggling no matter how hard she tries to hid it .

I know she couldn't pay the rent and asked for an extension .

She don't know I know tho .
Her head shot up as she quickly picked up the bills .

Mama - whatchu doing up baby ? You know you got school .

Me - Imma get a job and h-

Mama - no she said cutting me off

Me - mama -

Mama - No Aaliyah were fine . All I want you to do is go to school she said

Me - but mama - she cut me off again giving me the look , which told me drop the conversation . I did just that .

Mama - Now go back to sleep she instructed I nodded and kissed her cheek before walking off .
I walked into my small room , that I shared with my sister . There was a queen size bed and a dresser with a small tv on it . That's all that could fit .
I had some shoes lines up on the floor .
I climbed back in bed besides her and closed my eyes in hope to fall back asleep but I couldn't thinking about all the bills .

I am gonna get a job and help out whether she likes it or not .

My alarm ranged so I got up and took a shower doing my hygiene .
I stepped out with a towel wrapped around my body and let my sister get in as I did my hair and put on my clothes .

((Out fit in mm))
Even tho were broke my mama make she were not bummy and my Bestfriend Deja gives me her old clothes .

I flat ironed my sew in and slayed my edges before walking downstairs .
My mom was gone for work already , she leaves around 4 .

Me and Lay ((Layla)) ate before I locked up the house and walked down the hallway that smelled like faint piss .

I walked Layla to school and hugged her before proceeding to the bus stop to go to mines .

I hopped out the bus just as Deja was pulling up in her car . She got out and hugged me

Deja - You look nice
I smiled thanking her as we walked into school . I got a lot of stares that I ignored .

I don't got time for these ratchet hoes and wanna be thugs .

I put the code into my locker and stood on my tippy toes to reach the top shelf
I heard laughter

Deja - you just so short she said grabbing the math book for me .

Me - yaya whatever
She seen her boyfriend and walked off .
I stuffed the book into my bag before my locker was slammed shut and my books all hit the floor .

I looked up seeing Mary and Kacey , the school baddest girls . They been bullying me for the longest .

Kacey - Broke lil bitch she scoffed I was silent as I picked up my stuff and walked off .

•••••
The bell ranged dismissing class and I met up with Deja getting in her car

Deja - lets to the mall ?
I shook my head no

I don't have mall money

Deja - I'll pay
I rejected her offer , I don't like people buying things for me .