44

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER 💁🏽💁🏽💁🏽
|| Liyah ||

* 3 days later *

These past 3 days , I've done nothing but stay with my mom in the hospital .

We talked , laughed . I held her hand as we slept .

Layla was really scared at the way she looked but eventually she got over it . She's been here too , snuggled up close to momma .

I stopped going to school but I did all of my work , school ends this week anyways and my teachers understand .

I haven't seen Devan , or James and as far as Travis ; he's been really busy . But he comes up here and sit with us a lot .

I'm currently holding my mom hand as she sleeps .

I don't know what's going on with her . Her or the doctors won't tell me anything . I know it's her last days but she isn't acting like it .

She even keep telling me she's coming home and going to be at my graduation .

Mom - Aaliyah I'm so proud of you she said smiling at me as she stroked my hair . I sat next to her in her bed and we were talking .

Me - of what momma ?

Mom - everything . I'm proud of you for graduating - just everything she said in admiration . I know it's going to be hard without me Aaliyah and I'm sorry baby . But imma always be right here . She grabbed my hand and placed it on my heart . I know your going to be a beautiful lady . I love you .

Me - I love you more I told her as tears streamed down my face

Mom - I'm sorry I can't leave and go see you walk across that stage

Me - it's alright , mom I'm not going -

Mom - yes the fuck you are . Your not staying here . I want you to go walk .

Me - mom -

Mom - imma be fine ... imma be here when you get back

Me - you promise ?
She smiled

Mom - I promise she gave me a faint smile and nodded

Mom - and Aaliyah ?

Me - yea ma ?

Mom - I know you sell drugs and that your pregnant . My mouth dropped and I became scared .

Scared because of her reaction so I just stayed quiet .

Mom - I'm not mad . I been knew you sold drugs Aaliyah . I know ya lil waitressing job ain't pay them bills she laughed . And  I been knew you were pregnant .

Me - mama I'm so sorry I said

Mom - I'm disappointed but it's okay baby . We all make mistakes but you made your bed and now it's time for your ass to lay in it . I trust Travis will never leave you and y'all are going to raise this baby together . You better tell that boy about his baby soon lil girl .

I nodded

Mom -  and as far as the drugs go Aaliyah I don't want you seelling drugs . I want better for yourself . I did 9 months in jail for drugs . It's hard being a felon

I nodded , letting her talk .

Mom - I just want better for you . But I know you gotta do what you gotta do . It's finna get hard without me . All imma say is don't be a dummy . Enough about that , give me a kiss and gone get your butt out of here before you be late .

I bent down and hugged her . She held onto me tightly and I kissed her

Me - I love you I said as I stood up

Mom - I love you more she said patting my butt .

I left out the hospital and drove to Deja's . We got ready and left out .

Me - I'm so proud of you Travis I told him

He smiled and hugged me

Travis - I'm proud of you too baby , for being so  strong .

A person that looked like him , im guessing his brother came up to him and he told me he had to go .

I nodded understanding as he left . I know he want to be with his family and I'm not going to stop that .

My eyes started to become cloudy with tears and I fanned them quickly .

Deja was with her mom and her family . They all greeted me .

I was all alone with no one .

I sat down deep in thought as I heard everyone names being called .

I started shaking in my seat , I felt like something was wrong .

I want this ceremony to sped up so I can go see my sister and mom .

Travis name was called and I heard hella screaming . I looked over seeing his white family . They were smiling , taking pictures . One lady stood out to me , she held no expression as she just watched . Almost as if she was unimpressed he was graduating .

Deja name was called and as soon as she shook the principals hand she looked at me . Deja stuck her tongue out as she put up a heart with her hands

Deja - bitchhhh I did it  ! She yelled

I looked at her mama who shook her head eyeing her and I laughed .

I can't stand Deja bro .

When my name was called , my phone vibrated as I got up and walked .

Each step I took my heart beat faster .

My face was dead straight . I'm so worried right now and I wanna be with my mama

Principal - congratulations Aaliyah he said handing me my diploma

Me - thank you I said a tear fell from my face as I wished my mom was here .

I wiped my tear as I heard Deja screaming , along with her family and Travis .

Deja - THATS MY MUHFUCKING GIRLFRIEND ! I LOVE YOUUUU

He blew me a kiss and I smiled , sitting back down as the principal continued .

My phone kept vibrating . I couldn't answer it because that would be rude .

I discreetly looked at the number and seen it was the hospital so I quickly answered it

Me - hello ? I said not giving 2 fucks I was interrupting people's ceremony .

" miss Aaliyah you need to get here now .. your mom is in her last minutes "

Tears clouded my vision as I ran down the stage .

The whole place became silent as all eyes were on me

Deja rushed with me

Deja - Liyah wait ! What's wrong ?

Me - my momma I cried as tears soaked my face .

I looked at Travis who didn't even chase after me .

Fuck him .

- momma in her last minutes 😭😭😭😭