15

Ayyeeeee it's my birthday ! 💁🏽
See I be updating on my birthday and stuff 😂

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT for the next chapter

19 votes = next chapter

||Liyah||

I sat next to my mama on the couch

Me - It's been a whole week why haven't you been to work ? I asked but all she did was look at me

Me - are you ok ?
Somethings not right with my mama and that's why I haven't left her side this whole week , other then to get on the block and sell .

She looked like she wanted to say something but she didn't , instead she just told me she's fine .

She started coughing uncontrollably and I patted her back .

She held some tissue up to her mouth as she coughed and blood quickly appeared

Me - mama your coughing up blood !

Mom - Liyah I'm fine . Go get ready fa bed she instructed and I nodded walking off .

Along the way I looked at the mail that I brought in earlier . I seen one was from a hospital and I grabbed it , taking it into the room with me .

It was already opened so I looked at the letter .

Tears rolled down my face as I started silently crying reading what it said

My mama has cancer .

She been in and out of the hospital for years , but it's getting worser and there's nothing they can do about it .

Treatment won't even help .
I read some more where I found out she's not working , she's on disability .

She gets checks month to month .

When she be gone she be at the hospital .

That night I just held Layla as I cried myself to sleep .
••••••••••
I woke up to calls and messages from Deja

Deja - Bitch I'm fucking you  up . You haven't called me or anything . Me and Travis both worried . You Ight ?

Me - Yea , I'm fine I lied and Travis ?

Deja - Yes his fineeeeeeee asssssss and why haven't you came to school in a whole week ???

Me - been busy . I'll ttyl

This whole week I been staying home taking care of my mama , going to work and the trap house .

Deja text back but I didn't respond I went to Travis contact that I had muted .

I seen that he had messaged and called me a couple times .

DaddyTravis - Mama I really want you to come to my last football game . It Friday and it's a home game , if you don't come I'll understand . I'm sorry for pushing against you and kissing you . It won't never happen again .

I never changed his name from DaddyTravis .
Guess I wanted to keep it that way .

I looked through the messages to see he think that , that kiss is why I haven't been coming to school cause I wanted to avoid him .

That's not the reason ...
I Lowkey actually liked the kiss .

But right now I just don't know .
••••••