46

Be sure to vote and comment .

|| Travis ||

I stood looking in the mirror at the black tuxedo I had on .

I tied my tie around my neck and just stared at myself until I was rushed downstairs .

I seen all of my family sitting in my living room , talking amongst each other .

Mom - he's ready , come on she said nonchalantly and got up with everyone following .

I walked out of the house and the black limo was waiting on me .

Devan and James moms rushed up to me , hugging me with them both behind her .

Devan mom - come on ! Take some pictures !

We took some pictures before me , devan and James got into the limo and it drove off .

Riding in a limo isn't something new for me .
I ride in one all of the time .

I looked down at my phone , texting Aaliyah . She wasn't replying but I seen she was reading my messages .

Devan - where's Aaliyah ? He asked and I looked up . He stared intensely at me

Me -Devan do not worry about my girlfriend location I said sliding my phone into my pocket and leaning back .

Deja told me that Aaliyah and her were on their way to the graduation ceremony .

I can't believe I did it .

My family all crowded around me Devan and James , smothering us .

I broke from them when I seen Aaliyah . She looked so pretty just standing by herself .

I walked up to her and she looked up .
I smiled at my baby . She was wearing some makeup .

Liyah - I'm so proud of you Travis she told me and I smiled hugging her tightly .

Me - I'm proud of you too baby , for being so strong I told her truthfully . I know my baby is hurting .

Liyah - thank you she told me snuggling into the hug more .

I looked up to my brother coming up to us . He told me mom wanted me .

I looked at Aaliyah , not wanting to leave her . I know she's here with no family , only Deja's .

Liyah - it's okay Travis . Go

Me - you sure ?
She nodded and gave me a faint smile before I left .

Everyone besides my momma was so happy for me . They all were happy I was accepted into Harvard , everyone besides my mother .

Nothing new .

When my name was called screaming rang throughout the building . My sister and her friends was screaming .

My family smiled and took pictures of me . My mom just sat there with her legs closed and a straight face just looking at me .

I know she's not impressed with me . My dad is tho .

I received my diploma and sat back down .