Chapter 2

Paige POV

Homecoming is in two weeks. I said yes to going with Scott. He asked me in a simple gesture with a sign on my car after school one day. Since we didn't break up on bad terms, I figured it would be fun. I also won't feel obligated to be around him often.

Alexis is going with Jake. They have been hooking up for the better part of the last two years. I don't know why they won't make it official and date. They like sneaking around more.

I find myself wanting what they have. It would be nice to have someone to sneak around with and no one knows about it. Where do I sign up?

I get to Alexis's house as we are planning on going to the football game together tonight. She is wearing Jake's away jersey and I have on Scott's.

I was in my own thoughts laying on her bed listening to music she had on when she suddenly turned the volume low.

"Be quiet." Alexis demands even though I wasn't talking.

I sit up and watch her approach her bedroom door. She leans her ear to it even though you can hear the girls on the other side talking.

"He hasn't asked you to Homecoming yet?" By the tone of the voice, I knew it was Callie.

"No." Jordyn answers.

How has Derek not asked her yet? Homecoming is in two weeks.

Alexis gets an evil grin planted across her face. She comes over and grabs my arm pulling me out of her room. Here we go.

"Why are you doing this?" I whisper knowing what she is going to do. "Why do you have to bring me along as well?" I hate her dragging me like I'm a dog.

She stays quiet. Alexis goes to Jordyn's door that wasn't all the way shut.

Alexis pushes the door open. "Derek hasn't asked you to Homecoming yet?"

Jordyn looks straight to the ground, avoiding making eye contact with her sister.

Alexis starts laughing. "Sorry sis, he probably isn't into you anymore. Your summer fling and pity ride is over."

Why does Alexis have to be so cruel? Why do I stand here and not say anything?

Jordyn doesn't say anything either. She stands there and takes the verbal assault from her sister.

I take in Jordyn's appearance as my eyes lock in on hers. She has her hair down with a beanie on. Not many girls can pull that look off in my opinion, but she can. With living near Seattle, it's chilly already towards the end of September.

"If you were smart, you would realize that Derek is only dating you because he feels sorry for you." Alexis laughs. "Or maybe he lost a bet and had to date you."

"Alexis." I whisper.

She rolls her eyes. Jordyn remained silent. Alexis shakes her head and walks out. She was looking for a fight and Jordyn didn't give it to her.

My eyes stay glued on Jordyn. I can see the hurt in her eyes now that she isn't looking at the floor with Alexis gone. I could only imagine what it feels like having your sister talk to you like that.

"Do you have bitch remarks you would like to make too?" Callie snaps causing my head to turn to her. "Are you planning on standing in here all night?"

I look back at Jordyn. She looks like she is bracing herself for me to say something rude like Alexis. "No." I sigh. "I'm sorry about Alexis."

I turn and walk out of Jordyn's room.

Jordyn POV

I was excited for tonight's football game, until Callie had to ask about Derek and homecoming. I don't care if he hasn't asked me yet. I assume we are going together since he is my boyfriend. I do however wish I didn't have to have my sister in my room with her sidekick talking shit to me.