Chapter 14

Jordyn POV

After school, I walk out to Alexis's vehicle. I assume since she gave me a ride here, she is taking me home.

I was pleased to see she was still in the parking lot when I got out there.

As I got situated in the car, I could feel her eyes burning a hole in me.

"Do I even need to say how dumb skipping school today was?" Is Alexis acting concerned?

I roll my eyes. "Don't act like you haven't done it."

"That's beside the point. I never did it WHILE I was grounded."

She makes a good point.

I let out a small laugh. "I know. For the record, I had fun."

She puts her hand up. "Gross! I don't want to know what my best friend and sister were doing all day. The images aren't needed in my head."

I pull her hand down. "It's not like I would tell you in detail. By the way, we both know you know."

"That is good because I knew the whole time." She states. "You two aren't the best at sneaking around. It's a good thing you are girls. I don't think anyone will think anything unless they see you two making out, which I would prefer not to see."

Before we go inside, I ask. "Do you think mom will let Callie come over? I need to tell her about everything, and I don't know how to approach mom."

"Mom is a softy. I would say you're doing homework." She says it will be that easy.

We approach the door, and she stops me.

"Are you sure you want Callie to know?"

I nod my head. "She is my best friend and knows I'm keeping something from her. I don't want this to get out and she hears from someone else that I'm dating Paige."

Alexis nods her head in agreement. I went to open the door, but she again stopped me. "Wait, you guys are dating now?"

"Officially we are as of today." I wink at her, causing her to roll her eyes.

This time Alexis allows me to open the door. I head to the kitchen where my mom was. Alexis follows me there. I was about to ask my mom about Callie coming over when Alexis chimes in.

"Mom, I think you should let Callie come over." My mom looks at us both. Alexis continues. "Jordyn has done everything you asked last week and all she did was get in trouble for curfew. You were the one who said we could stay out, so it's kind of your fault she got in trouble."

My mouth drops. I looked up at my mom who was holding a stirring spoon.

"She can come over." She goes back to cooking. That was easy enough.

"Thanks." I direct my comment towards Alexis.

"I told you." Alexis and I go to the stairs. "She is a softy."

I text Callie when I get to my room.

Jordyn: You can come over whenever

Callie: Okay I'll be over in a bit.

While waiting, I was doing my homework and texting Paige. I was getting nervous for Callie to get here.

I want to tell her everything. I'm scared it will change our friendship.

I look over at my door and see a shadow coming towards it. Callie walks in and my fear heightens. She puts her bag down. Callie sits in my bed making herself comfortable.

I noticed my door wasn't shut all the way so I got up and shut it. This way my parents can't hear us talking.

"Is it that serious?" Callie looks concerned.