Chapter 13

Jordyn POV

I was getting ready for school when Alexis popped into my room.

"Hey, I'm giving you a ride today." She states. "I already texted Callie, so she knows already."

I always wanted a relationship with Alexis, but why is she acting weird? First, she wants to spend a Friday night here and now she wants to take me to school.

I try not to overthink it. I finish getting ready and head outside. I look at my phone disappointed that I haven't heard from Paige since Saturday.

On the way to school, I was expecting an awkward silence, but it was far from quiet.

"Why did Derek and you break up? What was the real reason?" Alexis starts off with her questions.

I groan. I'm tired of talking about him. "I didn't return the feelings he felt for me."

I feel like I have told her this already. Leaving Paige out of it, that reasoning is still true.

Alexis keeps her eyes focused on the road. "Do you have feelings for someone else?"

I need to be as honest as I can without directly telling her about Paige. "Yes, I do. I'm not ready for everyone to know though."

"How long have you liked this mysterious person?" She keeps pressing for more.

I look out the front window. "For a while. I did everything I could to not like them, but I can't help who I fall for."

Alexis pulls into the school parking lot then parks. "What do you think Derek will do if he finds out you like someone already?"

I reached in the backseat to grab my bag. "He already knows. He knew it was part of the reason I drifted from him."

Alexis yells in my ear. "HE KNOWS YOU LIKE PAIGE!"

I stare at her, feeling my body go stiff. How does she know about Paige?

"Paige? What are you talking about?" I try my best to act dumb.

Alexis rolls her eyes at my failed attempt. She even calls me out on it.

"You are worse at trying to deny it than Paige was. Paige told me about it by accident."

I look at her mortified, but then again, she isn't freaking out about it.

"Oh my god." Are the only words I could spit out.

I open the door and quickly get out. Alexis follows right behind me. I don't know what she is thinking and who all will end up knowing.

Alexis pulls my arm to stop me. She looks around to make sure no one is listening.

"Jordyn, it's okay. I'm not going to tell anyone. Like you told me in the car, you can't help who you like. But." Alexis gives me a concerned look. "By the way you just freaked out, you might want to rethink if you're ready or sure that you like her."

I understand where she is coming from. I, however, am positive about how I feel.

"I like her... a lot. It's just not what I was expecting. I never expected to fall for a girl. Before you even ask, I don't know if I'm gay or bi or whatever. I don't know. I'm trying to figure it out. But the thing I know is I do like Paige. I'm just scared of everyone finding out before I'm ready or she's ready."

Alexis pulls me into a hug.

"Everything will be fine. Trust me. Just be careful with your heart and hers. You are my sister, and she is my best friend. Also, please don't let her know I told you yet, wait until she tells you she told me." She walks away and into the school.