Chapter 27

Paige POV

Prom is in a week. I haven't asked Jordyn yet nor has she asked me. We have talked about going together, but there hasn't been an official invite by either of us.

Derek asked Callie to go. Jake asked Alexis. We all will end up going in a group I assume, once I make it official.

I'm surprised that Derek and Callie are going together. I didn't see that coming. I don't think she did either.

We typically have a softball game the day of prom, but this year we don't. I wouldn't care if we did, but they always schedule a game that is hours away, so trying to get ready is stressful. As for softball, we bounced back with a win. My elbow still hurts, but I'm playing through it.

Since it's my left arm, throwing from the outfield doesn't affect me too much. As for Jordyn, she says her side still hurts. She did get her ribs checked out because her mom was panicking when she saw the bruise. The doctor said the ribs aren't broken, but they have a deep bruise that is going to take a while to heal. Coach hasn't had her run or hit the last couple of games. This is so she doesn't have to slide.

Back to prom.

I look online for ideas on how to ask Jordyn. I know it should be completely original, but I want to ask her in a cute way. I take notes on numerous ideas I found.

Jordyn POV

When I get to school on this warm Friday, I notice a note taped to my locker. The note read:

Do you ever wish that she were me? Ever close your eyes, and think about what could have been... Think about going to Prom with me Jordan...

I couldn't recognize the writing but noticed the misspelling in my name. I fold the note and shove it in my pocket when I see Paige walking towards me.

"What's that?" She asks, pointing to my pocket.

"It's nothing." I say quickly. I don't want her getting mad that someone is trying to ask me to prom. She raises her eyebrow but drops it.

Paige walks me to my class this morning. When I get into the classroom, I see a rose on the desk I usually sit at. Along with it was another note:

You are too beautiful. Your heart wants something more. Keep thinking about Prom

I again put the note away. I don't know what to do with the rose, so I put it on the ground and will take it to my locker at the end of class.

For the rest of the day there were roses at every class, but my second one was with Paige. Ironically, the note third hour said:

I know you got a girl but tell me what your girl got to do with me?

The last note I got during the day read:

Meet me tonight at 8 pm. I'll be there to ask you face to face to go to prom. Give me a chance and see who I'm.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to go and make Paige mad, but I'm curious to see who went through all this effort to get my attention. I know she had to see me taking a rose back to my locker every time. She didn't act mad, but she didn't question it either. I would be in a lot easier position if Paige would have asked me to go with her.

Softball practice went by fast. We only worked on fielding. We have a doubleheader tomorrow morning and the coach wanted a short practice. Paige acted like her normal self, which I think is a good sign.

When I got home, I showered. When I got out, I heard Alexis yell at me to go check the front door. When I went out there, I saw a group of balloons. There were five of them. On each balloon there was something written on them.