Chapter 7

Paige POV

Jordyn is at my house as we are about to leave for the party if I can figure out what to wear.

I stop looking in my closet and look at Jordyn. She is wearing tight jeans with a cute shirt along with a leather jacket. She has her hair pulled up as well which is not her normal hairstyle. Honestly she looks good no matter what she does and she looks really good right now.

"Are you okay?" Jordyn questions.

I nod, turning back to my closet. I settled with black skinny jeans with a white V-neck.

I looked in the mirror and was completely unimpressed with my hair today. I don't want to pull it up and look like I'm copying Jordyn.

"Are you ready?"

Jordyn pushes herself off my bed. "I have been waiting on your princess." She gives my arm a light push. "Did it take you long enough to get ready?" She teases me.

We head upstairs to leave. My dad is nowhere to be found.

"Do you think I should text my dad or leave him a note saying I'm gone?" I'm not sure why I asked Jordyn that.

He is never home. I go out all the time so why am I concerned now if he knows where I'm.

"A note wouldn't hurt." Jordyn suggests.

I grab a piece of paper. I write down telling him I'm out and will be in late. I leave it on the coffee table before Jordyn and I head out.

We get in my jeep and I hand her the aux cord. "You can be the DJ."

"You might not like my music." Jordyn gives me an evil grin and takes the cord away from me.

As I drive, I make small talk. "What did you tell your sister you were doing?"

"She thinks I'm on a date with Derek."

Right, the boyfriend.

"Are things becoming clearer with him now?"

I glance at her and the road while she talks. "Actually yes. I'm figuring a lot out."

I was curious what she meant, but a part of me doesn't want to know.

We continued to talk the rest of the way.

About twenty minutes later we arrived at the house the party's at. I unbuckle and get ready to get out when I realize Jordyn isn't moving.

"How do you know these people?"

I guess I failed to tell her whose house we were going to. "It's Jacy's house. She used to go to our school."

After making the connection, fear comes to Jordyn's eyes. "Why did you bring me? She is one of many people my sister got to hate me!"

I reach over and place my hand on hers. "Everything will be fine. Trust me."

Jordyn's eyes stay glued to our hands for a moment. I watch as she takes a deep breath. "Okay." She looks at me. "Let's go in."

I remove my hand from hers. Both of us get out and go in. We go straight to the kitchen. I put five dollars in the bucket and handed Jordyn a cup.

"Are you not going to drink?" She noticed I only grabbed one cup.

I shake my head. "No. We have to get home somehow." Before she could try to give me her cup, I let her know it's fine. "Don't worry about me."

Jordyn pours herself a drink. I noticed she wasn't shy about the amount of alcohol she puts in.

"Are you sure you can handle that?" I tease her.