Chapter 23

Jordyn POV

When my parents got home last night my mom refused to look at me. If her eyes did land on me, she would look repulsed. This led me to cry all night. I know I sound pathetic, but this isn't easy. It's like once things got good with Paige again, this hit.

I was planning to tell them soon. How my mom reacted, I don't think it matters when or where I told her. The reaction would be the same.

Alexis has been apologizing nonstop. She feels horrible, but I keep telling her not to worry about it. Being mad or upset at her won't help me any.

I use my energy to get ready to see Paige. She has no idea about last night. I don't plan to tell her until later. I went downstairs where Alexis was waiting. She offered to take me to Paige's. Paige was planning to pick me up, but that isn't a good idea with my mom.

I grabbed my coat and was almost out the door when my mom walked over.

"Where do you think you are going?" She has her nose raised high in the air.

"She is going with me." Alexis tells her.

My mom does her signature hand on the hip just like Alexis does. "I do not want Jordyn around Paige."

Alexis's temper spikes quickly. "Paige is my best friend! I'm going to see her if I want to."

"I don't care if you see her. I said I don't want Jordyn too."

How did I know that was going to come out of her mouth?

Alexis opens the door. "You will get over it eventually. Times have changed mom, open your damn eyes."

With that Alexis pulls me out the door then slams it behind us. I'm more than thankful to have Alexis as my sister.

We get in the car and Alexis starts driving to Paige's apartment.

"So, what are you really up to?" I ask her curiously.

I know she isn't going with Paige and me. She tried to hide the grin on her face, but she was failing. "I'm spending the day with Jake."

Those two really need to date.

We get to Paige's apartment. Instead of going in and saying hi, Alexis drops me off and drives off.

I walk up to her door and ring the doorbell. Seconds later Paige appears.

"Hey beautiful." She gives me a kiss.

"Hey sexy." I smile as I look her up and down. "Where are you taking me?"

She grabs a hold of the bottom of my coat and pulls me into her. "You will have to be patient and see."

I thought she was going to give me a kiss, but she passed my lip and went to my cheek. She takes a hold of my hand, and we go to her Jeep.

Paige pulls out of her parking spot and starts driving.

Paige POV

There was a peaceful silence as I drove. I hold Jordyn's hand in mine and go to our destination.

I know Jordyn is curious about what we are up to. I have been good at keeping my lips sealed and I'm not going to break now.

I pull into the mall parking lot causing Jordyn to get anxious.

"Tell me the surprise." She says eagerly.

I giggle watching her act like a child on Christmas. It's cute. I hope she is excited when the surprise happens.

I grab a backpack out of the back which leads to more suspicion from her. "What is that for?"

She tries to open my bag, but I stop her. "You will have to wait and see."