Chapter 19

Paige POV

The sound of an alarm keeps going off. I open my eyes realizing Jordyn isn't waking up.

I give her a gentle push. "Hey, I think your alarm for school is going off."

Jordyn reaches across to me to grab her phone. She shuts the annoying sound off.

"Ugh, I don't want to go." She groans as she sits up.

"You can take my place." This causes her to look at me. "You can spend the day with my mom and arrange my dad's memorial service."

Jordyn gives me a sad smile. "Paige."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have joked about it." I sigh. "I don't want to be around my mom. She drives me crazy. I can tell she doesn't care either. She is only here because she feels forced."

Jordyn wraps her arms around me. "I'm sorry that you feel that way babe. You can stay here as long as you need. You don't need to leave when we leave for school."

I feel like I should feel happy being here in Jordyn's arms, but I don't. It's not her, it's me.

I roll out of her bed breaking the hold she has on me. "I'm going to go. I have a lot of things that have to get done."

Jordyn nods understanding. "Do you want to wait around until I'm ready for school at least? We can drop you off at the hotel you are staying at, so you don't have to walk in the cold."

"Are you sure you will have time? I can walk. I walked here."

"You aren't walking." Jordyn insists. "I'll tell Alexis we will need to leave early."

Jordyn starts to get ready for school. I sit on her bed waiting. I don't bother doing anything to myself. I can care less about what I look like right now.

Jordyn comes back in here when she is done. One thing is true, no matter how I'm feeling on the inside, Jordyn's sexiness will always get to me. She is looking extra cute this morning.

"Are you ready?" Jordyn asks.

I push myself off her bed. I walk over to her door getting ready to go when she stops me.

Jordyn gives me another hug. "Don't hesitate to contact me if you need me."

Jordyn pulls back from the hug so our faces are out in front of each other. She starts to lean in when we hear someone clear their throat.

Jordyn quickly whips her head towards her mom.

"Paige, when did you get here?" Mrs. Chancellor questions.

Alexis walks in "She came last night. She needed to get away."

Alexis pulled both of our hands to get us away. That could have been an awkward situation to be in.

Alexis and Jordyn drop me off at my hotel.

The second I entered the room my mom got us, my mother was there nagging me.

"Where have you been?" She tried to sound concerned, but it wasn't believable.

"I was gone."

She stands up from the bed. "Paige, I know you are hurting but you can't be acting like this."

I roll my eyes at her. She barely checks up on me and now she wants to act like she cares.

The next couple of days went by slowly. There was so much planning and calling people that had to be done.

The visitation was horrible. Everyone wanted to talk to me, and I didn't want to talk back. People from my school came that I don't even talk to trying to say they are here for me. I haven't talked to Jordyn much the last couple of days. She tried to get in contact, but I didn't respond back. She finally left me alone.