Chapter 24

Katelyn's P.O.V

I was woken up by Jake about an hour after I had fallen asleep and saw Jake looking down at me with hope in his eyes.

"We have to talk about your powers now" Jake said.

"Urg but I don't want to" I complained.

"To bad I want to know all about these powers of yours" Jake pushed on.

"Fine, MUM!!" I screamed.

About 1 minute later my mum came in with about a hundred different books in her hand and the biggest smile on her face.

"Finally I get to talk about this" my mum exclaimed.

"Jake she has been putting this off for ages"mum said to Jake.

I gave her a glare but that went unnoticed as she pulled out one of the books and to tell you the truth it looked ancient.

"Uh mum how old are these" I asked pointing to the books.

"Only about 2000 years old. This book has been passed down through the family for such a long time now" she answered.

She opened the book and turned to a page around the middle of the book. She looked through for a while before smiling.

"So vampires don't really have powers except for speed, super strength and the ability to suck someone dry so that's why I'm in the angel category and it so far says that no one really knows what powers you have until you have been through all different emotions that express the power" she stopped for a sec to flip the page when all of a sudden a very surprised look came onto her face.

"Mum what's wrong" I asked instantly getting worried.

Mum started laughing as she held up a piece paper. I grabbed it out of her hand and looked down. Seriously mum a shopping list.

"I've been looking for that for twenty five years" she said.

"Why? It's just a shopping list" I said.

"No darling look at it more what do you see" she said still smiling.

I looked down for a long time before I saw a phone number.

"There is just a phone number and that's about it" I said showing it to Jake to see if he could see anything.

"It's not just any number it's the number your father gave me when we first met

" she smiled at the thought.

"Ooooohhhhhhh now I see why you wanted to find it" Jake spoke up for the first time.

"Ok anyway back to business all you need to do is try have as many emotions but you won't be able to control them so be careful" my mum warned.

__________________

We were now at Jakes house and I was just sitting in the lounge room when hands slid across my stomach which caused me to have a fright. Next thing I know is a vase across the room just explodes. I turn my head slightly to the left and look at a stunned Jake.

"Well at least we know what fright is" I said with a cheeky smile.

Jake laughed and put his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes while still hugging me from the back. We sat there for a while just enjoying the silence and presence of each other.

Jakes P.O.V

I was still holding Katelyn when I heard a slight snore come from her lips. I looked down at her and sure enough she was now sleeping. I smiled at just how peace full Katelyn looked and quietly I picked her up and carried her to bed. I slipped into the covers with her and pulled her to my chest and snuggled in with her.

This was so peace full just lying here and relaxing with my angel in my arms it just felt so right.

I looked up at the ceiling for a long time just thinking about the many powers that Katelyn could have and the things that could happen like we just witnessed down stairs with the vase. Something could happen like that and put many people in danger maybe even kill someone.

I stopped thinking of that and focused on the goddess lying in my arms peacefully. She looked so at peace but really what she didn't know is someone is out there for her and she doesn't even know it. This 'P' person is annoying me with saying these things about Katelyn and putting bad images in my head but at the same time this person is helping me by making me more aware of the danger that is around Katelyn.

__________________

The next morning I woke up ready and awake for the day and was about to get out of bed when I realised I had my angel in my arms sleeping peacefully. I stared at her for a while before sliding out of the bed slowly and making my way over to the window and opening it to reveal a beautiful sunny day.

I walked down stairs and into the kitchen to see a note on the fridge it read,

To: Jake

From: P

Think about where you leave your angel because bad things can happen when you least expect it.

I stared at the note for a while until I understood what it meant. I left Katelyn up in her room all by herself with the window open. Anyone could sneak in and sneak out. I ran up the stairs and slammed her door open to reveal................

=============================

Long chapter as promised also don't forget to choose a random word from this chapter and you could have the chance to be apart of the story. :)

330+ votes or 100+ comments

We did it once we can do it again! :)

I LOVE YOU RAINBOW UNICORNS!!!

~Naomi