Chapter 2

I finally made it into town.

I decided to search for a taxi

I looked inside my purse to see how much money I had.

"Shit" I sighed , another disappointment , I only had £3.

I only lived about 5 miles out of town, so my only option was to walk. It was getting harder because of all the blisters I was getting on my feet.

As I was trying to walk by I accidentally bumped into someone .

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry"

Then she took another look at my face ,and she looked horrified.

Was I really that ugly? I thought to myself.

" no , you have a huge bruise on your face!"

I must have said that out loud without noticing .

" oh ." I said . I felt the side of my face and it started throbbing with pain .

She seemed really concerned by the look on her face.

Ethan really did hit me hard...

" I'm sorry I must get home" I said , about to walk away.

" it's 12:00 at night, would you want to come to my flat and get cleaned up ? I can bring you home tomorrow."

I thought about it, I shouldn't be going to strangers flats , but I couldn't show up at home while looking like a mess . She seemed like a really nice girl so I guess it was okay.

" sure , thank you.." I hesitated

"You're welcome , and oh I'm Gemma !" She smiled

" I'm Avery " I pulled off a fake smile.

She brought me to her car, I couldn't see too well but it looked like a range rover, she must be rich.

As we pulled up in her driveway I gazes up at the flat , it was like something out of a magazine.

"This is your f-flat?" I stuttered.

"Yeah my brother bought it for me, he's actually at the flat now"

As we walked inside I stood there admiring every little thing.

" it's so beautiful" I said

She led me into the kitchen and I noticed someone in the living room , he looked around 19 and had the most gorgeous brown curls.

He had green eyes that would just blow you away.

He started to walk into the kitchen and I looked away.

"Hey gemm-" he stopped in his sentence when he saw me.

"What the hell is she doing here??"

"She was lost and needed a ride home, she got hurt so I decided to help her" Gemma explained

"Can I talk to you for a second ?"

Gemma and the boy left the room.

I couldn't quite make out what they were saying with my face throbbing so bad. The only things I got out of it was "fans" and "what if"

I don't know what that means but I didn't care, my feet and head hurt and I was starting to get tired .

I decided to call my mom because she was probably freaking out

I dialed her answer and she picked up after the 3rd ring.

"Avery , where are you? You said you'd be home soon." She sounded angry , and I knew I was in deep trouble.

"We couldn't drive home, there was a problem. So I'm staying the night at a friends, ill be home early in the morning I promise"

"When you get home you're gonna get it"

"....okay bye"

I hung up on her before the situation could get any worse. She was going to kill me after she finds out I've been lying.

A few minutes later and Gemma walked back in the room with the emergency kit .

"Sorry it took so long , just a few complications" she smiled, but I had a feeling her brother didn't like me being here.

She finally fixed me up and gave me some pain relief pills, I felt a little better but I was still tired.

"You look exhausted, I have a spare room upstairs if you'd like?" Gemma suggested .

"Oh thank you, that would be nice"

"Harry will show you the way " she smiled

She called for Harry and soon enough he came walking around the corner .

He had a blank expression but didn't look too happy I was there.

I followed him up the stairs and he showed me to my room.

"I'm sorry for bothering you...ill be gone in the morning" I whispered.

"What even happened ?" He questioned , for a moment he looked concerned but it faded back to the blank look.

"N-nothing... Thank you.. Goodnight"

And with that I walked into the room and passed out right on the bed.

I woke up to cold hands around my waist.

I jumped and looked to the side.

It was a manly figure.. I couldn't quite tell.

Harry?

My eyes focused a little more and I realized it was Ethan.

I jumped back trying to get out of his arms but his grip was too tight.

"Hey baby, did you miss me"