Chapter 7

~ Avery's P.O.V~

As Harry drove to breakfast , I felt his cold hands reach for mine. We intertwined our fingers ; he kept his eye on the road. He seemed to be thinking about something.

" Is anything wrong?" I asked.

He glanced over at me for a second then back at the road. He left out a light sigh and shrugged.

"Just thinkin bout your mum" Harry said in a monotone

I sat there in silence. I missed my mom. I feel like I haven't been thinking about her much, but i have. She always in my mind , but I there's no way Ethan could really do something , right? I sat there questioning everything that could happen. The more i thought about it the more upset I got. I wonder how much longer it would take for him to finally give her back.

"Harry, do you think i'll ever see her again?" I questioned.

He squeezed my hand and took a quick look. We sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"I don't know.." Harry finally spoke. His voice seemed unsure, like he knew i was'nt going too.

I could feel myself about to break, I was holding back the tears. I couldn't cry , I just couldn't.

"Harry.....Can we skip breakfast, I'm not really feeling it" I said almost in a whisper.

He sighed " If that would make you feel better, then sure"

The car ride home was quiet. Harry never turned the radio on. I mostly stared out the window or closed my eyes. We made it back to Harry's flat within a few minutes. I stepped out of the car, and walked to the door slowly. Harry already had the door open when I got back. Harry put his arms around me and picked me up. I never said anything, I  put my head on his shoulder as he walked me upstairs and into his room. He softly put me on his bed.

"Would you like me to stay or leave you alone.." He asked in a whisper.

I thought about it. I wanted to be alone, but at the same time I wanted Harry with me.

"Stay" I whispered.

He nodded, then got in bed next to me. He got close and wrapped me around his arms and pulled me close. 

"You know when I upset I like to sing, It calms me down" He said

" I'm a horrible singer" I let out a small laugh.

"If we could only have this life

For one more day

If we could only turn back time

You know I’ll be

Your life

Your voice

Your reason to be

My love

My heart

Is breathing for this

Moment

In time

I’ll find the words to say

Before you leave me today"

Harry's voice calmed me down. As I was about to zone off Harry's phone went off. He got out of bed and looked at his text.

"I have to go meet Liam, I'll be back soon" He said as he quickly left the room and went to his car.

Liam? Whose Liam? I questioned myself.

~Harry's P.O.V~

As i made my way to the park to meet up with Liam, I kept my mind on Avery. She's something special, even when we weren't talking I still loved every second with her. I was determined to get her mom back for her. I'm going to do whatever it takes.

whatever.

I pulled up into the park hoping there would be no press.

Boy was i wrong... They were everywhere surrounding the park. 

I dialled Liams number and waited for him to answer before paparazzi noticed me.

"Where are you the paparazzi is everywhere?" Liam yelled.

"Lets just go to your flat. I cant let the paparazzi hear this" 

"Okay see you there mate" 

He hung up and I started to drive to Liams flat. I decided I should check up on Avery just in case. 

I called the house phone to see if she would pick up. She did.

"....hello?" She answered almost scared. She seemed like she had been crying.

"Avery whats wrong ? What happened? Why are you crying?" I asked too many questions, but if she was hurt i wouldn't know what to do.

"...Harry p-please come home" She broke down crying right after.

" Babe, I'll be there soon. Please don't leave" I told her and hung up.

I sent a quick text to Liam letting him know the plans had changed and to meet up at my flat instead. I drove 15 miles over the speed limit. My heart was racing . What if Ethan was coming for her? I clenched my fist on the steering wheel and sped faster. I was only minutes away from my flat......