Chapter 13

~Avery's P.O.V~

When I woke up the sun was gone and there wasn't a hint of light shining through the window.

I pulled the heavy blankets off my sweaty body and laid there.

My head felt like it had 500 pounds of pressure on it.

I always get the worst headaches after I cried.

As I tried to make my way out of the bed I heard noises coming from outside the room, like two boys were playing around. I noticed one of the boys voices, it was Harry, but I couldn't make out the other.

I slowly made my way to the door and as I opened the door it squeaked loudly.

The noises had stopped and I peaked out.

"harry...?" My voice sounded soft and scratchy.

I got no reply..

I made my way completely out of the room and looked around , my head was so heavy I could barely turn my head. I heard something fall in the corner and when I looked nothing was there.

"Hello?" I tried to sound louder but my voice wouldn't let me.

I heard someone walking behind me and I froze.

My fears bundled up inside me and I was only thinking the worst.

~Harry's P.O.V~

After I had left Avery in the room all by myself I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone , Liam came trotting in after me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Calling the police , this shit needs to end" I raised my voice trying to make my point.

"What if he does something to her? Didn't he say not to..." He hesitated

" I really don't think that's a good idea harry"

"don't tell me what to do"

I dialed the police and after a few rings it stopped. I tried to dial again but the same thing happened.

"What the fuck is wrong with your phone ?" I asked him.

He looked at me worriedly as he finally spoke .

" I just made a call a few hours ago"

My phone started buzzing and I looked at the text

Unknown number

Don't even try - e

I looked over at Liam and handed him my phone , as soon as I did I went straight for Avery's room , making sure not to make a sound ,when I looked in she was sound asleep on her bed . Even though she was asleep I could still see the amount of sorrow and guilt on her face.

Why is he out to get her? Why does he want to ruin her life every day.

I have so many questions for this asshole but mostly I just want to punch him straight in the face.

When I walked back out I heard the door slam shut and I tensed up , not sure who it was I walked to the door ,

"HAAARRRRYYY" It was louis , he was finally back . I eased up and walked towards him .

I motioned him to be quiet but he didn't listen.

"Aw c'mon old pal , don't be so sour , what's up with you?"

"Please be quiet" I asked again.

"Geez someone ones in a bad mood"

He stared at me then the corners of his lips turned into a smirk.

He slowly inched his way towards me and I knew exactly what he was doing.

"Louis.... Don't .. You da-" I was cut off by him knocking me to the ground and tackling him.

I was in a pretty shitty mood and didn't feel like being nice to him so I pinned him down and told him to knock it off and he listened.

" Just come over here " I motioned towards the living room.

"Alright mate ... Would you like to explain " he said as he took a seat.

I glanced over at him then my eyes went to something moving in the corner , when I peered over it was just Liam. God I'm so paranoid.

" Hey lou .." Liam said softly

Louis didn't reply just gave us weird looks.

"Louis , I met a girl , Avery" his face lit up and he started smiling.

" That's it?!" He laughed.

"No there's much ... Much more " I said calmly , I told him the whole story about Avery, about Ethan , and Avery's mom.

After I was done Louis just say there with a blank expression.

"Wow..." Was all he managed to say.

" Yeah wow... I should go check on her anyways ill be back.."

I walked towards the hall and saw her standing there, she was completely frozen as if someone was about to get her, I quickly ran up to her and touched her shoulder.

"Avery .. You okay?" I asked.

When she turned around she regained color in her face.

" Oh yeah I'm fine.. Sorry I thought you were someone else" she said hoarsely . She grabbed her head and I could tell it was killing her.

" Would you like an Advil babe?"

Her cheeks flushed and she nodded.

I made my way to the kitchen to grab her and Advil..

I made a quick stop in the living room and told the boys it might be a while , then I headed back to Avery .