Chapter 8

Word count:651

jays pov

i breathed out letting go of the smoke in my mouth and watching it disperse into air. There was a comfortable silence around me justified by the time. It was early. Earlier than usual.

No one was around and the parking lot was empty. I was sitting on the steps in front of the entrance just waiting for the day to start.

Soon enough I heard voices so I got up and followed the sound.

It lead me behind the building. As I got closer I recognised that one voice belonged to a girl.

"How much is that?"

And a male voice answered "Sixty bucks"

There was a long pause.

"I don't have that much"

"Well I have better things to do then"

"Wait no.... I'll pay you back.J-just....I'll pay you back"

"Sorry"he didn't sound sorry at all.

He started walking away from her followed by her begging and assuring him that she'll get him the money.She was ignored.

It was him.the guy turned at the corner and we came face to face.his face filled with worry and shock while mine showed rage.

"You deal drugs now?"

"Shut up.don't say that someone could hear"

"Are you insane?"I was even louder this time."what?you needed the money? God"

"You can't tell anyone"

"Oh so you do this often?

"Look we can't talk about this here"

"Just forget it okay?it doesn't matter we don't have to talk about it"I turned around and started walking to the front doors. The parking lot half full by now.it wasn't long until the first bell would ring.

"Why are you so pissed of about this?"

"Just leave me alone okay?"

"No.not until you tell me why you're pissed of at me"

"You deal drugs"I whisper screamed

"So what? Its none of you business anyway"

"Oh right forgot"I turned around and left again and this time I kept walking when he told me to wait.

I reached my locker took my books out and then slammed the door closed to get my anger out which caught some attention from students passing by.

I sat down at my desk trying to figure out why I actually was that pissed of. The lesson started before I could figure out anything though. As always

                              Nick's POV

I felt my stomach turn. I could barely breath and I couldn't get my thoughts in order. I wasn't even sure about what just happened. All I knew was that I couldn't stop thinking about his face when he saw me.

He looked...pissed. Angry dissapointed like I've never seen dissapointed and I get to see it every day.

I hated that feeling. The feeling  of being so empty of feelings but so full of thoughts. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know if I should just not care or be angry or dissapointed or relieved or if i should go and apologise....what would I even apologise for? I just didn't know what I was supposed to feel and I didn't know what I was feeling.

In a second it all stopped. The bell rang and I realised I was still outside school. I was suddenly really cold but I didn't feel like going inside. I was already late for the lesson and I didn't feel like going to class. I walked to my car got inside and just sat there for a while.

After a couple minutes I put the key in the ignition and started the car.

My phone started ringing. A very familiar number appeared on the screen. I had seen that number more than once in the last twenty four hours.

I took a deep breath and picked up the phone not sure about anything.

"I got the money. Are you there?" She asked when I wouldn't answer.

"Yeah....look...uhm"

"What?"her voice became more impatient by the second.

"I'll be there"

I got off the phone and started driving.