chapter 9

jays pov

I felt like shit. Right when i thought things were going to be okay i find out the guy I liked dealed drugs. If thats not a reason to stop liking him what is? still though, i couldnt stop thinking about him. i almost felt guilty for finding out.

the look on his face when he saw me... it almost made me forget why i was angry.almost.

how could i forget though. he could get in trouble. he could be in danger, and i just dont wanna lose another person.

i felt like my head was spinning. i tried to take deep breaths watching my breath disperse into thin air in the cold winter evening.

I was sitting on the swing in the park we first talked in.

"can we talk?" i looked next to me to see him standing there, a cold look on his face.

i looked down feeling awkward and heard him sit on the swing next to mine.

"look i know that what i do is bad but honestly i dont see how its any of your business"

"guess its not"i was looking up trying to avoid looking at him when he jumped up ,the cold look on his face morphing into an angry one.

he was now towering over me screaming at me angrily.

" then why the fuck would you get angry at me?"

"because im worried about you" i jumped at screaming at him louder than he had.

i looked at him in expectation trying to get my breathing under control.he looked terrified.

he looked anywhere but at me "stop"

"what?"i laughed a little bit before sobering up.

"stop worrying about me.you know what stop talking to me"

i looked at him for a couple seconds.he looked like he was shaking but i wasnt sure it was the cold.

"what are you so afraid of?"i whispered.

"just stop caring okay?you shouldnt care about me you shouldnt worry  about me so just stop."

i took a step closer to him making him look away "so what if i do?"

when he didnt answer i took another step in his direction whispering "what if i dont wanna stop? what if i like you?"

that made him look me in the eyes and without thinking about it i grabbed his face kissing him on the lips.

he put his hands on my neck without breaking the kiss.

my hands slid down his body stopping at his waist.i pulled him closer deepening the kiss.it felt like i never had to breath again. he was so close that i could feel his body heat radiating on my skin.

it felt so good right until he pushed me away.his eyes were huge like he had no idea why he would do something like that and he kept opening and closing his mouth like he couldnt decide what to say.

" i-i gotta go" he walked away ,almost ran, leaving me alone in the cold.

nicks pov

the only thing i could think of as i ran to my car was 'what just happened?' and 'why did i enjoy it?'

word count : 524 words