Chapter 12

"Do you usually talk this much?"

"I'm trying to think."

"About what?"

"What does this mean?"

"What?"

"Where does this leave me?"

"What is this?"

"What if...? No he wouldn't do that...would he?"

"You've lost me"

"He would wouldn't he?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I grabbed his shoulders.

His eyes finally found me after looking into the distance ever since he got into the car.

"Sorry.... I didn't realize I was talking out loud" he was looking away again.

I slowly took my hands from his shoulders trying to find something I could say that would make him feel better.

"What are you thinking about?"

His arms were tangled together between his stomach and his legs, which were on the seat. "I just...I've never thought about a guy in this way. And suddenly I'm making out with one. I don't even know what's happening." He breathed out dramatically and rested his mouth on his knees, looking into the distance again, his hair falling in front of his eyes.

I thought back to the lockers, a couple minutes ago. After we let go of each other I offered to drive him home, only finding out after he got in the vehicle that he in fact has a car of his own.

"It was nice though" I watched as a smile slowly built on his face and a blush formed on his cheeks. He moved his head so that his eyes were now on his knee allowing me no glimpse of his face.

"Shut up" his voice muffled from his own leg covering his mouth.

"Or what?"

He turned his head in my direction looking at me curiously.

"Or.... It won't happen again."

I couldn't fight the smile that took over my face so I just turned my head to look out the window letting out a quiet "fine".

I put my hands in my pockets trying to warm up. It was still really fucking cold; I couldn't wait for spring to come. I hate cold.

There was a really long silence after that. He was still too caught up in his own thoughts and I just couldn't find anything important enough to say. So I just chose to say nothing and let him think for the time being.

"I'm just scared" he whispered. I wouldn't have heard him if there wasn't silence in the car.

"Well... I mean you didn't run off this time. So that can't be a bad sign"

"Right"

"Look, it's hard I know, but it will be okay."

"What if it won't be?" he looked me in the eyes for the first time since we left the lockers and all I could see in them was fear. Which admitteddly, I was glad about. I couldn't see any regret.

"Who are you scared about? You're scared someone will leave if they'll find out. I mean...that's the only way things won't be okay, right? If you'll end up all alone. Who is it?"

"Everyone"

"Yeah but you don't care about everyone. You're scared about one person. Who is it?"

He seemed to be contemplating whether or not to say it out loud. "My dad."

"Why do you think he'll leave you?"

"I don't know, it's just...hard to gain his respect sometimes"

"So you don't wanna disappoint him."

"Yeah I guess so"

"Do you think that someone being gay is a disappointment?"

"No...I mean I guess... it's just...Oh God, I've never even thought about it really, I've just always known that my dad thinks it is, so I guess that was what I believed too"

"Does he do that a lot?"

"What?"

"Think for you."

"Yeah. Kind of"

"Sucks"

"How's your dad?" words I never wanted to hear.

"I'm sure he's fine...wherever he is" he didn't ask me anything more about him after that, so there was silence once again.

"I should probably get going. It's getting late"

"Right" I nodded looking down.

"...okay....bye" he all but ran out of the car trying to escape from the awkward situation.

"Hey!" I opened the door and called after him making him turn around."What's your phone number?"

He smiled, coming close again. He took my phone from my back pocket with a smirk on his face and dialed his number calling himself.

The car ride home was silent for a change. Music would usually always be on, but that day i just felt like thinking.

Nicks pov

It's like he could smell it on me.

Like he could sense that there was something different. From the second I stepped through the front door he had been trying to figure out what's so different about me.

And of course he didn't figure out that his only son was making out with a guy an hour and a half ago, but that doesn't mean that he didn't try.

He thought I was in some sort of trouble at school and trying to keep it from him.

He almost grounded me for not admitting it, and I hadn't even done anything.

I did manage to convince him of it though in the end and even though he didn't seem that convinced, I let it go and went up the stairs to my room.

So now I was laying on my bed staring at my ceiling trying to clear things up in my head and right when I was about to get somewhere, my phone rang making me cuss at it for scaring me.

"Demonic phone...hello?"

"Hey man its Ronnie"

"What's up?"

"You tell me. Where have you been? You haven't hung out with me and the guys in days, what's going on?"

"Nothing man, you know homework and shit"

"Homework? You were too busy doing homework to hang out with us? What the fuck dude?"

"Come on man I've just been busy"

"Okay fine, hang out tonight then, were going to that club that just opened up."

When I wouldn't answer he added, "The cheerleaders are gonna come too, and I know for a fact that you've been trying to sleep with Monica for weeks now, so you can't say no"

Woohoo cheerleaders "fine, I'll go"

"Awesome. See ya"

I threw my phone at my pillow falling back on my bed, my head now hanging from the side.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I didn't wanna go out, I would rather stay in and think until my brain would catch fire, but i had to go. He was right, I hadn't hung out with these guys in a couple days, and I dint want them to think something was going on.

As for Monica, she had been trying to sleep with me, but I would always act oblivious to her flirting. I always thought I just didn't like her face. I hadn't thought that might not like what she has between her legs. Shit.

Word count: 1120