Her Epilogue

Katalina's POV

I make my way onto the balcony for some air and I spot Neymar in a group in the corner.

He's with his soon to be fiancée and with some of his teammates. I've heard some rumors that she's pregnant, which is good for the both of them, he's a great father.

He catches my eyes and grins at me as he brings his drink up. I give him a nod in return of his and a smile after I bring up my drink too.

I look back down at the city. The pool of lights is beautiful, making this view from the top of this hill all the more better.

"There you are," I hear James say as I feel his hand on my waist. "You wanna get out of here?"

I look into his eyes for a quick second. I can't help the smile that creeps on my face as I get to stare at his beauty. I don't think I can recall a time where I've been happier, and I have him to thank for that. There's still that hint of love in his eyes, I don't think it'll ever go away and I hope it doesn't. The love of my life.

"Let's go say goodbye," I tell him before kissing him on his lips.

It was super late and the car ride back home was full of stories James was waiting to tell me, he spent most of the night with some old teammates of his and all his new ones. It was a party full of Barcelona and Real Madrid players, unbelievable I know, but I had a blast catching up with everyone.

He turns the keys in the door and swings it open. We stand there in the threshold and he plants a kiss on my lips.

"I couldn't wait to get you out of that dress," he says as I walk down the hall of our home and begin to take off my shoes.

"Don't get me started on that suit," I respond.

James shuffles up the stairs and I pick up my heels then follow him, the long dress flowing on the steps.

I make it to our room and he begins to undress me as promised.

We jump into bed and begin to talk some more.

"I've been thinking about New York," James says.

"Don't worry about that anymore," I tell him.

"It used to mean a lot to you," he starts. "I was thinking once I retire, you can get a transfer-"

"You have another five years left, minimum," I tell him as I stroke his cheek.

He has his arms wrapped around me and we're as close to each other as two people can get.

"I know, but I can't help but get excited about spending the rest of my life with you," he smiles.

I laugh a little then look back into his eyes.

"That was always my mistake," I begin to whisper. "Living in the future."

"But look how it all turned out," James says before leaving a kiss on my cheek.

It's been five years since I came to stay in Madrid with him. Five long, very special years.

I remember that night in Madrid vividly. After I left his apartment I got in a cab a block away and saw him still chasing after me. I told the driver to step on it and the last I saw of James was before the car turned the corner. We didn't speak for almost a year. Three months after that year I found him in the lobby of the Cosmo offices in New York waiting for me, hands in his pockets, rehearsing his "hello" to me.

Ten months later, a ten month chase later, and James and I got together. We didn't want to rush into things, that we knew. Over two years after I left Spain and James and I got together.

We haven't spoken about marriage because we just want to enjoy what we have now for as long as we can. No stress about wedlock or kids, yet.

James has these big plans about life after Madrid. I always tell him we should just go live in the mountains somewhere in Colombia and he jokingly agrees.

In those past five years I finally met Daniela and she didn't seem to hate me as much as I thought she would; after all she moved on too, married some guy she met in London. Neymar and I got some closure after my leaving him. It was hard, very hard for the both of us, but we both knew it was all for the best. He's then found his beautiful fiancée which I just mentioned. Davi is great, he still asks for me sometimes so my ties with Neymar haven't been completely severed. I found a job at Cosmo, like I was promised, but I chose to work my way up to Editor In Chief instead. Salomé doesn't hate me at all, which was my biggest fear, she actually loves me. It's all been a wild trip but I look at where I am now and can never cease from smiling. As for the guys from the clubs and national teams, they're all doing fantastic.

The gratitude for having found my soul mate is immense.

James kisses me one final time before shifting a bit so we can get some sleep. I lay myself on him and place my fingers between his.

"I don't care where we live," I say. "Just as long as you're by my side."