Chapter 26 - Weekend

"Kat!" I hear James yell then spot him waving on the other side of the terminal.

I find my smile widening as I go over to him and hug him.

"Where's Salo?" I inquire.

"Back home, sleeping," he says. "Let's go."

We spend the car ride talking about Paris, which I just arrived from. I'm staying here for two days just to visit, then I'm heading back home to work.

"Salo," James smiles as she rubs her eyes after walking to the enterance.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Salo," he says again then she looks at me. "Do you remember Kat?"

I see the five year old struggle a bit before answering.

"Kind of," she says.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hi," she smiles back, a wave of relief passing right through me.

Salomé ate breakfast as James and I spoke a bit, then she wanted to paint and draw with me.

James joined us after taking a shower and we all had a pretty good time.

"Daddy," Salomé starts. "Kat wrote the card, right?"

James begins to chuckle.

"Yeah," he nods. "Kat was the old friend that wrote the card.

"My dad got really happy when he got that card," Salo smirks and looks up at me. "You should've seen him it's like he made a goal."

I chuckle and look up at James.

"I was thinking you could come with me in a bit to the offices, I have to go pick something up-"

"No," I shake my head. "I'd rather not, but thanks."

"Okay," he doesn't protest.

"Are you going to talk," I stop and nod my head over at Salomé so she doesn't notice. "To them?"

"Yes, right now actually," James stands up. "Salo, that painting looks great."

"I really like painting, you know?" Salomé tells me. "What do you like to do?"

"I-I like to write and read," I say.

"Oh," she frowns. "That's a bit boring."

I laugh at her response.

"Let's go put that in your room," James gets her attention again.

"Okay," she gets off the seat. "Let's go, Kat."

"No, just us," James says. "Let Kat relax a bit."

Salomé just complies and I'm left sat there at the table.

I walk over to the living room as I hear a door down the hall open and close.

I go on my phone for a bit and just wait patiently as James tries to explain to Salomé that we're a bit more than just "old friends."

About five minutes later, James comes back out to the living room and looks over at me.

"How'd it go?" I sit up and lock my phone.

"She was a bit confused, but got it," he nods. "I had to compare you repeatedly to Alejandro."

"I don't mind," I chuckle.

"We're going out to dinner in a bit," he points out.

"Something fancy? Do I have to change?" I mock.