Chapter 25 - David

"What was that?" David asks.

"What was what?" I shrug as I put on my sunglasses.

"You and Neymar were so awkward at lunch," David pretends to shiver. "Scary stuff. Did you two get in a fight?"

"Nope," I say and begin walking faster.

"Oh, no," David says and I can hear him walk up behind me faster. "Tell me."

"We almost kissed last night," I said. "It was an accident."

"I believe you," he says and wraps his arm around me. "But what a funny accident that would've been."

I scoff and push him off of me as he keeps laughing and I just speed up my walking to get to his car down the block.

I don't see Neymar again till the end of my trip when he came by to say bye to Carolina and Davi since he was leaving before me.

I said my farewell and we hugged. Acted as if nothing happened.

And nothing really happened. It wasn't anything drastic, but it felt like it was.

Now I'm in Paris with David after a nice couple of weeks in Brazil with some friends.

"Take a good one, please," I instruct David. "For once."

"Hey," he sounds offended. "I will... now."

I smile genuinely at his response and he takes the photo.

"Beautiful!" He exclaims before passing my phone back to me.

"Ah!" I jump. "Finally!"

David leans in and leaves a kiss on my cheek before embracing me and I do the same back to him.

"Let's go home," he mumbles in my shoulder.

"Okay," I barely speak.

We walk down the streets arm in arm, slowly, all the way to his apartment and mostly in hushed tones.

"Paris is to die for," I say as we enter the elevator in his building.

"I'm sorry you had to visit for the first time with just me," David sighs.

"Just you?" I ask. "You're the epitome of the greatest person! I love you so much David!" I admit and bring a smile to his face and my own. "Plus there's Thiago, so-"

"Shut up," he laughs at me. "I just thought you'd want James to be here with you."

"I'm good," I shake my head.

And again in an elevator, I have an epiphany.

I'm not done with Neymar.

When we enter his place I hang up my coat and slip out of my shoes then run over to the couch.

"Up!" David yells.

"Why!" I yell back at him as he walks into the kitchen.

"Don't be such a bum," he says as he comes back with a little white box from the fridge. "I got cake!"

"Cake!" I sit up instantly.

He nods at me and then over to the dining table so I could go join him.

As he opens up the box, he places one candle in the center of it then lights it with a match.

"Happy Birthday, Katalina," he smiles.

I smile back at him and sit down to blow out the candle.

"What'd you wish for?"

"Nothing," I bite my lip and receive a smirk from him in response.