Chapter 21 - Nice And Easy

James' POV

I look across the yard and spot Katalina instantly.

I excuse myself from the conversation I was just in and head over to her.

"Marcelo's in the kitchen and he wants to ask you something," I whisper in her ear as I take a hold of her by her waist.

"Excuse me," Kat smiles at the people around her and I do the same back. "You saved me from the most personal conversation ever," she smiles and grabs onto my sides even tighter

"Glad to be of service," I smile and leave a kiss on her forehead.

It's the beginning of June and Kat has been here for a month. She's been working overseas, but this little glimpse of what our future can be is coming to an end soon enough.

"Ready to go?" I ask her.

"Ready," she lets out a sigh then smiles at me.

We say goodbye to everyone we spoke to at the little get together Ancelotti had before making our way outside to my car to go back home.

"Do you mind if I call back home?" Kat asks as I start the car.

"Why would I?" I ask back then begin to drive off.

When we're finally on the road, she takes my hand in hers as someone on the other end of the phone answers her call.

"How's my baby nephew Messi doing?" Kat talks into the phone.

"Put it on speaker," I say after laughing.

"We don't know the sex! Their name is not Messi!" Chelsea yells over the phone.

"What? Of course the baby's name is Messi, what the hell are you talking about? Boy or girl, their name is Messi," Kat says.

"Ronaldo," I clarify. "The name is Ronaldo!"

"Another one!" Chelsea complains. "Hi James, love. How are you?"

"I'm good Chelsea, how are you?"

"As good as I can be," she answers.

"Good," Kat says. "Say hi to Chris for me."

"Of course," Chelsea says.

"Pass me Noori, please," Kat speaks.

"Love you," Chelsea says. "Bye, James! Take care."

"You too, Chels," I say.

"Love you," Kat says before kissing the microphone on her phone.

"You slut! I thought you'd never call back here again!" Noori yells.

Kat immediately takes the phone off of speaker and I chuckle at her expression.

"Well, hello," Kat shakes her head. "James had to hear you."

"Good!" I can hear Noori yell through the phone as Kat pushes her phone away from her ear.

"How are you?" She finally asks her friend. "How's the arm? Good. I'm sorry I didn't get to sign the cast. You're gonna keep it aren't you? Yes, perfect! Please name it after their baby. I'll kiss it with some lipstick on when I go back home. Soon. In a couple of weeks, probably," Kat looks over at me.

We finally arrive home and I begin to park the car.

"Everything is great," she nods. "Mhm."

"Okay, send Naomi and Vivian my best. I gotta call my parents. I love you too. Bye."

"You gotta love Noori," I smile as we wait for the elevator in the lobby.

"Hey!" Kat cheers as someone answers her call and she switches over to Spanish.

She just recently told her parents she was in Madrid with me and her mom almost exploded of joy. Her dad was happy it was me, the golden boy of Colombia, but not happy cause she has a boyfriend in general.

Kat sticks the phone out to me.

"She wants to talk to you," Kat says. "More than me."

"Hello?" I smile and Kat's mom answers. "Yes, of course, I'm taking good care of her. Say hi to everyone for me, please. Good to hear from you too. Okay. Yep. Take care," I pass the phone back.

"Okay, mom. I'm good. Head on body, body in tact. Safe. I gotta go now, tell dad I'm sorry I missed him. I love you too, bye."

"That was quick," I say as we enter the apartment.

"She'll just ask about you," she sighs.

"What's so bad about that?" I smirk and walk up to her.

"What do you mean? Was that sarcasm? James this, James that. James doesn't know how to pick up his clothes, James can't wash a dish, James can't-"

"Shut up," I laugh at her. "Tease," I poke at her before leaving a kiss on her lips.

"If I had a penny for every time someone called me that," she smirks as we back up down the hall to the bedroom.

"You better just have one penny then," I say.

"If you say so," she grins then chuckles.

We lie on the bed for a second before settling in.

"I quite like this," she says.

"Me?" I ask. "It's so obvious, everyone can tell," I tease her and she pokes me in the stomach.

"Look at us," she begins. "Taking it slow, best way to go."

"That rhymes!" I sit up and chuckle.

"You're the worst!" She sits up with me.

"You like the worst," I smile and place a hand behind her neck and bring her closer.

Just then my phone begins to vibrate and I read the text message on the screen.

"Who is it?" Kat asks as she begins to kiss my neck.

"Daniela," I say.

"Have you told her about us?"

"Not yet. I'm planning on it. I want to tell Salomé after."

"Of course," Kat says. "Does Salo remember me?"

"I think so," I nod.

We need to talk.

Come to Paris to pick up Salo in a couple of weeks?

Of course.

Okay

Goodnight :)

Goodnight :)

Tell Salo I love her

"Looks like I'm going to Paris," I tell Kat.

"And I should be heading back to New York," Kat flashes me her phone screen. "Jen is going crazy."

"We should buy our tickets tomorrow."

"Until then," Kat kisses me. "Let's enjoy each other's company before heading back to our routines."

"Of course," I smile in between kisses.

"Nice and easy," she says.

"Nice and easy," I repeat.