Chapter One

3 years later

Kyles P.O.V

I sipped the last drink of my frappuccino before throwing the cup in the trash and heading towards my gate number. L.A.X was a crowded, exhausting airport but I could sleep on the way it was a little away from Ohio anyway. Like 4 hours or so. The main reason I was going back to Ohio was because I finally got accepted into a college after quite a long time of looking. For some reason they wouldn't take a "messed up" teenager that was just in a group home even though I was only there for like 5-6 months.

I also heard that my old friends went to that same high school. Including Johnnie. Who I never bothered to text call or even email because I'm selfish. I broke a promise but I had my reasons. I couldn't possible call him. I was still traumatized after what my dad did and I kind of just...forgot. But when I did remember it was already too late. I checked his Facebook profile and he was already in a relationship and had pictures everywhere with some guy.

I climbed aboard the plane and got my MacBook out of my backpack. Im going to school to be an author but as kind of a side thing I make YouTube videos. Johnnie actually inspired me to do it. I found his channel and started watching his videos. I was no where near as successful as him with subscribers but that's because he did YouTube as a full time job besides college. I just made a video every now and then..

I ended up putting my laptop back after no writing inspiration and fell asleep the whole way there. It didn't surprise me though, it was a 5 AM flight.

---

The über was horrible because he was really creeping me out but I ended up arriving at the boys dorms which were quite opposite from where the girls were. Not that I cared. I went to the front office or whatever you would call that And got my dorm room number and my class schedule. Most of my classes were on the morning leaving me free for most of the afternoon which I was happy with.

I followed the map towards where my dorm was, floor 3 room 19. It kinda reminded me of a hotel. We had a key card to get it the rooms and the rooms were like a hallway that lead through it. When I opened the room there was nobody in it but I could tell from the scattered clothes on the floor and a few posters everywhere that someone lived here. They did keep half the room clean. The spot where I figured I went. I put my suitcase and blankets on the bed and left the room to go explore the building a little and meet my teachers which was required by the end of the day anyway.

After I met my teachers which I remembered were Professor Merrick and Miss Jardine and there was one more I couldn't place. Oh well I would figure it out eventually.

I headed back to my dorm with anxiety flowing through me. I knew my roommate would most likely be there and I didn't want it to be some creep or someone who didn't like me because well, who would want that? I guess I don't have much to worry about because when I opened my dorm room with my card I saw 2 guys making out on the bed that wasn't mine (thank god). 

I recognized one right away. His familiar black hair and his beautiful gloomy eyes. It was Johnnie. The other guy I had no clue who he was but I did recognize him from the Facebook pictures. I'm not gonna lie if hurt like hell seeing him kiss another guy. But what did I expect I never called him he wasn't just going to sit around and wait for me.

They looked up at me and embarassment was written all over the guys face and Johnnie...he looked shocked.

"I'm sorry," I said feeling like crying but I didn't. I didn't need to cry. I had no reason to. It was my fault. If I would have called that would have been me kissing Johnnie not that guy. I shut the door and walked down the hall and I used the staircase just in case Johnnie tried to catch up to me after he got his shoes on.

I entered the cold, crispy November air. (I'm sorry I like November) and ran to the nearby park and sat on the bench. A few parents were looking at me weird but I don't even care. I let the tears fall. I should have fucking called him. I should have. I regret it and now all I want to do is hold Johnnie in my arms but that can't happen for obvious reasons.

I cried a little bit longer before finally mustering up the courage to go back to my dorm and hope fully Johnnie and his little boyfriend went to his room instead. I couldn't deal with Johnnie right now. I have enough on my case with entering college let alone ex's.