Chapter Three

A/N: I hate schoolzzzzzzz

--

Kyles P.O.V

I finally got a reply back from Tyler and we decided to meet at a Starbucks. That's actually where I was headed now. He also told me that he went to this college he is just focused on work and doesn't roam around the building to much. He told me he wanted to be this computer tech person. I have absolutely no clue what the actual name is but he designs apps for Android or something to that extent. It's far more interesting then what I'm doing. All I do is write boring fictional stories that not many people even have interest in.

I saw the Starbucks that we were supposed to me at not to far away. The reason we were meeting there and not at the dorms was because it was so close to his work and he told me it would be easier. I casually walked in and didn't see him anywhere so I just went to order my drink.

"Hey sir what can I get for you," the lady at the register asked me.

"Um I'll take an iced caramel frap. Tall."

"That'll be right out for you," she smiled sweetly and left the counter. There was surprisingly only like 4-5 people in there at the moment. Usually it was crowded here. As I waited patiently I spotted Tyler entering the shop. A few things had changed since the last time I saw him but not much. His hair color changed, he had a sun and a moon tattooed under his eyes, and finally some sort of lip piercing I wouldn't know anything about. Overall he looked good though.

I waved and he came walking up to me. As he came up the lady handed me my drink and I paid. Tyler ordered something. I didn't pay much attention to what he ordered.

"So how've you been?" He asked seriously after the lady left to go prepare his drink. I thought about it for a second. How have I been? Horrible. Jealous. Sad.

"Okay I guess," I said but he clearly didn't believe me. I could tell he was going to say something but he got cut off by the lady handing him his steaming hot drink. He walked us to a table and I sat down across from him.

"So seriously, how've you been?" He asked looking me straight in the eyes.

"I told you I'm fine,"

He gave me a look that felt like he was stabbing me just by him looking at me. I caved.

"Ok. Fine." He stared at me expectantly waiting for me to go on. "Can I start from when I left high school?" He nodded and I started my story.

"So my dad was always abusive since I came out to him. Then the day we moved it got worse and worse I even tried to run away but he caught up to me," I sighed and took a sip of my coffee, "he then practically locked me in a room. Hands bound behind my back and duct tape on my mouth. Then finally the cops showed up. They forced me to go to a group home and that was awful because everyone got to go home with living parents but since I was so close to 18 nobody wanted me. So I basically have no parents. I haven't even seen my mom since I moved." I explained.

"I'm sor-"

"No I'm not done," I interrupted, "before I left the group I home I tried to commit suicide because there was nothing really to look forward to anymore. One of the smaller kids caught me and I got sent to the psychological ward and that's where I was for about a year because I kept trying to just die. Finally they let me go and I just roamed around a bit until I ended up here."

"That's awful," he said, "but why are you sad now? Aren't you becoming a bit more happy?" He questioned. I nodded.

"Ya when I left I promised Johnnie we would get back together and I would keep in contact with him but I never did. I broke the promise and ignored him for 3 1/2 years. Now he has a boyfriend and probably hates me and I still love him,"

"Wait, who is his boyfriend?"

"Bobby Mares," I mumbled bitterly.

"Dude, he got suspended last night and might go to jail for like a few months to a year or something like that." He told me looking hopeful for my sake.

"Do you know why?" I asked.

"I think he broke into some convenience store with some friends and stole a bunch of things and vandalized the place but I don't know exactly," he informed me. I nodded feeling more hopeful that Johnnie and Bobby probably weren't still together.

"So what have you been doing?" I asked all jittery because I wanted to go talk to Johnnie.

"You don't have to stay here and talk to me Kyle. Go. I'll text you and we'll talk another time," he told me smiling. I gave a big smile back and almost left but I turned around and hugged him in his chair.

"Thanks man," I said and walked out of the Starbucks and started heading off towards the dorms.

---

I went to mine and Johnnies room. And found him laying there curled up in a ball crying on his bed. I was sad that he was crying but kinda happy that we probably had a chance with asshole out of our way.