Chapter Fourteen

Kyle's ring

Johnnies P.O.V

The next day I woke up in Kyles arms but I just stayed there. I missed being held by him. You are probably thinking "Johnnie it's only been like a week," well you're right, but it's felt like it's been months. Even though I loved being in his arms I got up to go shower and get dressed because he was still asleep. For some reason I got scared that he fell back into a coma but u don't think that was possible. If it was the doctors would have told me.

I went into the bathroom and showered. It felt good to be in there but I got done as quickly as possible in order to talk to Kyle. I stared at the wedding ring through the transparent glass shower door. I sighed. If I proposed now he probably wouldn't say yes because he doesn't remember anything but if I didn't he might move on. I stepped out of the shower and slipped on a Tshirt and skinny jeans and then put the ring in my back pocket so Kyle wouldn't see it. I then walked out of the bathroom to find Kyle awake. Thank god.

"Feeling ok babe?" I asked thoughtfully. He nodded his head yes, "they said you can go home tomorrow if you are feeling up for it." He didn't say much but I hugged him, "what's wrong?" I asked him.

"I just wish I could remember everything. I feel like I wasted 3 years of my life," he explained.

"I'm sorry maybe you will start remembering things if I show you pictures or tell you stories or something," I offered. He nodded again. I took my phone out of my other back pocket and scrolled through the pictures until the day we met again on campus.

"This is a selfie we took together about 6 months ago" he smiled but didn't say anything. I scrolled through all our memories that I captured onto my phone. I pressed the home button on it and it opened to all my apps.

"Wait. Can I see that one." He asked I nodded. It was just a picture of us laying in bed and Kyle was kissing my cheek as I took the picture. It was only like 2 days before everything happened.

"I remember that one. We were just chilling with each other all day," he smiled and brought my hand up to his mouth with the hand he wasn't hooked up to an IV with and placed a kiss on it. I blushed but didn't say anything. No matter how long we were together I couldn't get over how he made me blush, how he made my stomach have butterflies, how my heart melted every time I laid eyes on him. That's why I wanted to marry him. For about an hour me and Kyle basically laid there as I told him stories. A few things he recalled but not many which mad me sad. He remembered the date to the waterfall and a few other things. A doctor eventually came in to talk with us though.

"So Kyle has made great progress since he woke up from a coma. He's basically 100% healthy. Except for he has slight breathing problems. You can either stay here another week or two. Free of charge. Or you can take home the small oxygen tank for a week. Either way he needs that on for safety precautions." The doctor which I learned to be Doctor Walters explained to us. I didn't say anything because it was Kyles decision so I waited for his response.

"I think I can go home," he replied simply. The doctor nodded and checked a few marks on his paper.

"Ok we will send you home tomorrow morning with a small portable oxygen tank." Then the doctor left. Kyle looked sort of upset probably because he had to live off a breathing machine for another week. So I ignored it. It was silent so thoughts about the ring kept popping into my head. Like I said earlier. The worst he could say is "No" right? I felt the ring in my back pocket and I got extremely nervous.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom real fast." I told Kyle. He nodded and I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I sat on the floor and opened the box of the ring. It was so perfect. I can do this. I'm going to do this. I put the ring back inside the black velvet box and put it back inside my pocket. I walked back into the room and Kyle glanced at me. I was just about to start talking but the doctor came in with a few nurses. Damnit.

"We are going to take all your tubes and machines  off and see how you do. Ok?" Doctor Walters said. Kyle said a quiet ok as they started taking the I.V.s and other things hooked onto him off. The only thing that's stayed on was his oxygen. Shortly after asking a few questions they left.

"Do you feel any better now?" I chuckled.

"Extremely," he replied and sat up on the bed cause he could now move around a little.

"Good because I have something to tell you and I'm extremely nervous." I said.

"You don't need to be," he assured me. If only he knew. I nodded and gave a small smile and took a deep breath.

"Ever since I met you I've been completely stunned. Not in a bad way but because you are the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. Without you I don't know what I would do. Before I meant you I wasn't happy. I was a science nerd," I started crying but kept going trying to speak from my heart, "when you went into a coma it pretty much killed me. When they said you lost your memory it killed me. But now. Now you're right here. Alive. Healthy. You remember the important parts of your life which is great. I love you so fucking much Kyle David Hall."

I got down on one knee and my eyes started looting out water. I noticed the look on his face was stunned but he was also crying softly.

"Kyle, will you m-marry me?" I managed to get out through my sobs.

A/N: only one more chapter then an epilogue left <3