Chapter 21

A/N Just to clarify, it's back in your POV - enjoy ;)

"Babe?" Dan whispers next to your ear.

Your eyelids slowly flutter open to see Dan's face next to yours.

"Oh gosh, I fell asleep" You say, stretching as you sit up slightly.

"No it's fine!" Dan laughs, "It's just that your phone keeps ringing so I figured I should wake you. Whoever is calling seems to be needing you urgently!"

"Oh it is?"

You sit up straight and pull your phone out from your jacket pocket and see that you have multiple missed calls from Louise. Oh crap, she's probably wondering where you are or she has guessed that you aren't with Luke at all and that you are with Dan.

"Who is it baby?" Dan asks, peering at the phone as he places his chin on your shoulder.

You quickly turn your phone off and slide it back into your pocket.

"It's just Louise, it's fine, I'll text her later" You sigh, laying against Dan's shoulder.

"Are you sure? She seems to be desperate for you to answer her." Dan says.

"No it's fine. I just want to spend more time with you." You whisper, brushing your lips against Dan's neck.

You hear Dan's breath hitch and then he looks down at your with glossy eyes and bright smile. He wraps his arms around you and pulls you closer. Then, you hear Dan's phone ring. Dan just sighs and pulls it out of his pocket.

"Who is it?"

"It's Louise - she's calling me  now!" Dan responds, looking down at his phone.

So she does know that you're with Dan - busted!

"Don't answer" You quickly command.

Dan looks confused and hangs up the phone.

"Are you not at all worried?" He questions.

"No. What's the worst that could've happened?" You say, "Let's just go back to your place."

"Sure" Dan says, standing up from the grass.

He holds his hand out for you and you hold onto it as he pulls you up too. With his arm around you, you both walk down the concrete stairs and trek back through the woodland area. Your legs move in sync as you gallop down the last set of stairs and you continue to talk and laugh as you walk down the road, with Dan's long arm draped around you. Everything seems to be going perfect and there doesn't seem to be anything that could change that.

A/N Okay so this next bit may be an itty bitty little bit emotional so I suggest listening to 'Love Sewn' by The Wanted as it's about a couple wanting to be together like they were before but things are now tougher than they were and it's stopping you from moving on and being happy. I thought it fitted really well so enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCkGZvV3mnw

"And we're finally here!" Dan announces, opening the door to his apartment. You both walk in and slip off your shoes and all of a sudden, Dan scoops you off of your feet and carries you through the hall and into his bedroom. You just stay looking up at Dan's perfectly chiselled features  and smiling at how lucky you are to have him. He drops you onto the bed and you cross your legs, watching him get onto the bed with you. He stretches over the bed and turns on his lamp and he just looks at you with loving eyes, giving you butterflies. It's so strange how you have known this guy for so long but he can still make your tummy do that flippy over thing just by looking at you.