II. ― HUNKY DORY

TWO ― HUNKY DORY

TWO ― HUNKY DORY

("LOW PROFILE.")

          Another kick against his back, and another painful groan was released

Another kick against his back, and another painful groan was released. Richie found himself falling deeper and deeper into the abyss of panic ― as though unable to defend himself, he laid on the ground of the liquor store, rolled up like an infant hiding from its biggest fears. The dark haired girl and the blonde continued to set in for new kicks, their worn-out boots skidding over the floor in new-found courage to harm the Gecko brother that had almost harmed them.

"Hey!" Seth called out, walking past the corpses of Pete and the old Ranger, towards the two girls beating up his brother. After Seth and Richie were almost tricked by Pete and the Rangers, the two Gecko brothers eventually managed to turn the situation around ― but ended up killing every person besides the hostages.

Watching the dark haired girl kick his brother for a last time, Seth exhaled in irritation, while the girl turned in his direction. "There's something really wrong with your brother", she hissed breathless, whereupon Seth felt his temper go through with him.

"Hey", he snapped, snatching out his gun again. "Get the hell out of here before there will be two more dead bodies written about in the newspaper." 

They flinched, with both hurrying to step over Richie. The blonde girl followed her friend outside, but not before throwing a last uncertain look back ― but Seth could not tell what she was looking at.

As soon as they had ran out of the store, he gritted his teeth, pulling out a lighter and letting it drop to the ground ― causing hot flames to emerge all around him. In a course of two seconds they covered the dead bodies of the old Ranger and Pete. Now they only had a certain amount of time until the entire store with all its liquor would blow up.

Seth rubbed his eyes, his patience exhausted, before he looked up and suddenly spotted another pair of shoes behind the last shelf. Drawing his brows together in confusion, it took him a second to realize. Quickly, he walked down the row, stepping over his brother who laid in the way and as Seth turned around the corner, he spotted the third girl, the one with the beautiful green eyes, the dark brown hair and the denim jacket lying there, still passed out on the floor.