X. ― SANTANICO PANDEMONIUM

TEN ― SANTANICO PANDEMONIUM

("LET ME PUT ON A SHOW.")

          The cheering of the crowd started to reach Amber's ears

          The cheering of the crowd started to reach Amber's ears. The lights all around were dimmed, casting only a spotlight on the stage, so whatever was about to happen there, was to be perfectly seen.

On the stage appeared a woman, covered in a dark red cape. The peacock feathers on her head looked like an elegant crown. To Amber ― and probably also everyone else in the bar ― she looked like a queen, a goddess.

This had to be Santanico Pandemonium.

It was only 1 minute into the show when Amber already knew that Santanico had a certain ability to fascinate people ― no matter men or women. Even though Amber was curious as to who she was and what was about to happen next, she couldn't help but admire her beauty.

Santanico swung her cape around, covering her body from her face downwards. The light was turned off for a mere second, before fire blew up at each side of the stage and the already well known rock music set in to play again.

She opened the cape again, revealing her flawless body. Around her neck were now two white serpents and their motions matched her slow dancing. Santanico wasn't wearing anything but black underwear and a red shining necklace, and the almost white snakes contrasted with her skin. Her dark eyes wandered through the bar, carrying a calculated look.

The entire bar was cheering by this point, everyone wiped off their feet by the performance.

Santanico started to dance in slow motions now, matching to the beat of the music. Lapped in the adulation, she moved her hips with lightness. Every of her move was natural ― as if through the music her inner harmony was awakened and the sound brought it out to the surface. As if this was her only purpose in this world.

Amber could not resist to follow every of her moves ― just like every other person in the room. Especially Richie, as Amber noticed, was fascinated with the girl on stage. Her eyes soon travelled to Seth next to him, who had his brows narrowed at his brother. He didn't look as enticed by the performance as everyone else was.

Santanico continued to dance. The snakes around her neck started to become one with her motion, hissingly traveling around her slim body.

As the spotlights shone through the bar, away from the stage, and then went back to Santanico, everyone discovered that she wasn't there anymore. They turned their heads, in search for the beautiful woman.

Suddenly, the spotlight shone behind Richie. Everyone turned their head, and there she stood ― the giant peacock feather crown on her head again. Santanico. She glanced down to Richie, before disappearing as unexpected as she appeared.