Seven

currently under edit

("DEVIL'S WATER.")

Seth Gecko and Jacob Fuller, engaged in a heated argument. It's almost like a déjà vu.

After Jacob intentionally ran the R.V. into the car in front, the other driver got out and demanded the same from Jacob. Assess the damage. Seth is far from thrilled. Sticking to the plan becomes increasingly difficult.

With time pressure forcing the group to act, Jacob finally steps outside, while Seth peeks through the curtains with sharp eyes.

"Bambi, get over here."

He points with his gun to the cushioned seats next to him without averting his eyes from the scene outside.

Giving Richie and the two Fullers, Kate and Scott, a last look, Amber hesitantly rises from her seat and approaches the older Gecko, her brows drawn together in question even though she can already picture what it is that he wants from her.

"Your time has come." Seth motions to the window. "See your uncle somewhere?"

Taking a look outside, the first thing that catches her eye are the many lines of cars leading up to the last checkpoint.

A line of ten cars, separating her from her release.

Her eyes skim the scene and then several policeman standing next to the cars―searching for that one familiar face that belongs to her uncle Jed. She looks out for a dark haired, tall man with a mustache and after a few seconds, she spots him. A thought crosses her mind―what if she lies? What if she tells Seth her uncle is nowhere around? That she's of no use? Will they let her go?

Richie. He knew things about her before already. Why would it be different this time? Were she to lie to them, they would find out. And what would happen then?

If she does her part, then they will let her go, she continues to reassure herself, however with a mild apprehension. "I see him," she finally states and Seth's glance jumps to her.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" He throws her a look and Amber draws in a deep breath. "Now, listen to what you will do." He falls into the seat in front of her, flipping the revolver in his hand. "You will go out there and pull an A-class drama skills performance on your uncle, all right? Tell him you're on vacation with a friend and her family or something, I don't give shit about what exactly you say to him. Just make sure to sound believable so he won't check this big, beige monster. Do you understand?"

Amber nods, although she can't promise him anything. Her deception skills aren't exactly the best, and lying to Jed is definitely going to be a challenge.

It seems Seth can read the doubt off her face.

"'Cause if you won't and waste any words on this," his eyes bore intently into hers as he speaks, "this road trip ends right here for the Fullers."

The sudden pressure he's put on her makes Amber draw in a sharp breath.

"C'mon." Seth stands, and shortly after pushes her out of the door. "There you go." He gives the girl a vigorous push outside.

Amber swallows thickly.

Let's go.