XI. ― MEXICAN DRACULA

ELEVEN ― MEXICAN DRACULA

("GOD'S JUDGEMENT?")

          Her eyes wandered over the scene in front of her

          Her eyes wandered over the scene in front of her. Masses of dead bodies extended in front of them ― blood covering the ground, the ceiling, the walls. Heads and body parts lying on the ground. The smell was the worst.

This all couldn't be real.

It just couldn't.

"Stop, stop! It's no use," Richie yelled, heading towards Seth, whose turbulent emotions ran away with him. Since one minute, he's been shooting the lock of the front door continuously, in hope to shoot it open. But as he soon realized, it was of no use. Despite the strong urge to find an exit, Seth lowered the gun and watched his younger brother inspect the locked door. "Looks like they've got tempered steel deadbolts all the way up and down."

A defeated sigh left Jacob Fuller's lips as he and Kate and Scott stepped to them again, after examining possible exists. "There's no way out. We checked everything backstage. There's no windows, there's no corridors. There's not even an access to the kitchen. This place is sealed up tighter than a drum."

"So we're stuck in here with those...," Kate's trembling voice made a pause, when thinking of the creatures that attacked them, "whatever they are."

"Why don't you ask Richie what they are?" Seth asked provocatively. "He's seen them before."

"In my mind," Richie clarified offended, shooting his brother a glare.

"Bullshit!" Seth snapped. "Played me like an 8-track."

"You knew about those things?" Amber now asked, her eyes boring into Richie. She felt a slight hint of disappointment in her heart and the look in Richie's eyes made it even worse. "I begged you to let us go!"

"I knew that something was coming, but I didn't know what it was," Richie quickly set straight, his eyes desperately trying to connect with Amber. Meanwhile, Seth rubbed his in annoyance. "How could I possibly know that everybody in this bar was gonna turn into a-"

"They're vampires, aren't they?" Kate interrupted him. It was safe to assume that these creatures were nothing like humans, and vampires was the first thing that came to Amber's mind too.

"No, I don't believe in vampires," Richie stated.

"Well, neither do I, Richard," Seth spat. "However, setting aside the sheer absurdity of this conversation, they have fangs and they die when you stab them in the heart, so I'm gonna go out in a limb here and say Mexican Dracula."