Chapter 30

"I'm going to be honest, Kimmy. I'm a little worried about meeting your parents," Dre said hesitantly as he and Kim began walking off the school campus. He looked at her profile with a cautious eye. "I'm sure that they're good people, probably even awesome people. I'm just not good at meeting parents."

Kim gave a bright smile. "Don't worry, Ke'Undre. I'm sure that they will love you. I mean, who wouldn't?" She gave a gasp as she turned back towards the front before Dre could notice her blushing.

Dre was too focused on meeting her parents to notice her hesitation. "I can literally go through our yearbook and count the people on my fingers who actually tolerate me." He gave a heavy sigh as he raked his fingers through his hair. "I can already see what will happen once I see them. I'll say one word to your dad and he'll simply point to the door and say 'Get out of my house'," he said, pointing at an imaginary door. "Let's just get this verbal abuse over so I can go home and sulk for the rest of the day."

Kim giggled in her hand. "Where do you come up with these situations?"

"I have a sixth sense about things like this. Ask Megumi about how I predicted that we were aliens."

Dre's heart was in overdrive as they approached the house. A deep blue Jeep was parked in the paved drive way, with an image of a tiger snarling on the tiger cover perched behind the car.

"You're overreacting," she said with a smile, though Dre figured that Kimmy was the last person to say that a person was overreacting, considering how she reacted when Megumi suggested that she asked her parents to go to the lake with them. "Believe me, my parents wouldn't have let you come if they didn't trust you. You'll be just fine," she added with a slight smirk as they were coming up to the door.

Each step felt like he was walking through quick sand as they walked to the glass door. He gulped as Kim opened both the glass door and the white wooden door behind it. "We're here," she announced as she shrugged off her backpack.

A woman turned towards them from the kitchen. By God, she was as tall as she was beautiful, and she was easily taller than Michael. Her skin was slightly darker than Kim's, with high cheekbones and hazel eyes. The resemblance to Kimmy was almost uncanny. "Oh, Kimura. You surprised me." She gave a tight-lipped grin as Kim rushed towards her and pulled her into a tight embrace. Considering that Kim only came to her mother's shoulders, he was dumbfounded as he imagined how short he'd be compared to her mom.

"You can take off you're disguise, mom. Ke'Undre already knows that you're an Armonian." She looked up at her mom's confused expression. "Dad told me to let him know."

The woman shook her head with a smirk as she released Kim and reached for the large blue spheres in her ears. "Honestly, that man and his judgment," she said as she unclasped an earring. A bright light flashed from Kim's mother once she removed her second earring. Dre smothered his internal scream as the light died down. Her mother no longer looked like the beautiful woman that he'd met just a few seconds ago. She now looked like a snow leopard standing like a regular human being. She was covered from head to toe in a white fur with black dots strewn about, minus her long, dark braid reaching the base of her slim tail. Her eyes glowed a green tint, with a black, slanted pupil eyeing him down. "So you're the famous Ke'Undre Wolf that I've heard so much about. My name is Rain. It's a pleasure to meet you." She held out a furry hand, or paw, to him, displaying her sharp, catlike teeth with a smile.

"Th-thank you, Mrs. Stewart," Dre said as he hastily shook her paw. It was kind of Kim to tell him that her mother was a cat person and all, but he'd wish that she told him that she was also extremely tall.