Chapter 60

"Future Queen Sonata," one of the renegade Sirens, a slim and beautiful dark-skinned Sea-Siren said in a low voice, "we're in trouble."

Samantha frowned as she looked over her small army of Sirens, all looking for power. She sat before them in an uninhabited section of Southern Amity, where only the bioluminescent flora were the only source of light. Thick branches hung overhead, acting as a forest-green sky. She stood from her throne of branches and looked out towards her army of about fifteen. "Where is the trouble?" she asked the dark-skinned Siren without looking at her.

"It's in Northern Amity. One of our Sisters has been captured."

"Captured?" Samantha finally turned to her. A blood-red tattoo was ringed around her neck, looking like tribal markings. "By whom?"

"I don't know. I think that it's from a joined effort of Queen Melody and an Amian team. I managed to get one of the names of the Amians."

"And what was their name?"

"I believe it was Loyalty."

That name sounded familiar. She remembered when she had Dre under her control, he mentioned a man named Loyalty, saying that he was... She gasped. "That's his brother. Loyalty Wolf. Is he family really that defiant to stand up to the future queen of the Serene territory?" She pounded her fist on the throne before rising to her feet. "Damn that boy. Everyone prepare yourselves. We're going to make a trip to Prescott."

The forest erupted with cheers from the Siren army. Face hardened, she looked out to her soldiers. She was done with waiting until her power was fully granted to her. Samantha refused to let Dre or his family stand in between her getting what was rightfully hers. She would kill them all and use their bodies as warnings for anyone else who'd try to defy her.

"Are you quite sure of that?" A voice called from above the cheers. Samantha felt a presence behind her, as if someone was reaching for her through the throne. She turned to see Aggaron floating above the backrest of the chair, smiling from ear to ear. The Siren army collectively gasped at his appearance; a twinge of rage ran through Samantha as she saw that some of her soldiers fell to one knee to him. "My dear Samantha. You're planning on bringing back a war that was far beyond your years. And for what? For the vain hopes that you will ascent up the ranks of a queen that's more suited than you? Shame on you" She barred her Siren teeth, but Aggaron, widening his already inhuman grin, continued as if she was a child being denied candy. "The Sirens who haven't pledged their allegiance to you puts their loyalty in Queen Melody's hands. For as long as she lives, the Sirens, the loyal Sirens-" he added to the crowd behind them, "will not allow themselves to be swayed by some girl who thinks she is the be-all-end-all Siren of the decade."

"If you're done insulting me, then you could maybe do something useful for me, as in give me advice?" She said with an edge.

Aggaron chuckled. "A queen that's leading her people to their death is asking me for advice? A goldfish could try its hardest to be a shark, and yet it'll forever be a goldfish." His smile disappeared as he turned to Samantha, sending a wave of fear down her spine. "Wait. Wait for your opportunity to strike at them. The time will come soon where you'll be able to strike down the Amians in their hearts, their beloved King of Elements. After you strike him down, no one will be able to stop you. But first, you must be patient."

"And if I'm not?"

"My dear, you honestly don't want to know what the Sirens have in mind for rebels. Let's just say that you'd wish that the Amians had you killed. Same for the rest of you," Aggaron added to the rest of Samantha's army.