Chapter 91

The time had arrived. Dre slumped out of bed, surprised that he was actually able to get to sleep, and stumbled into the bathroom to take a quick shower. He remembered the instructions Sakura had given the group for the tournament. They were to show up at the A-mii Arena at nine in the morning. Dre was up by eight. He couldn't wait to get in the Emblem of Valor arena. After seeing how things were when he went to the exhibition in Sylvia, Dre couldn't even imagine the reception he'd get.

Then again, that was for big names in the business. This was a junior tournament meant for Apprentices. Okay, so he may not get the kind of reception that he wanted. Still, he couldn't wait to go out and put on a show.

After he left the bathroom, dressed in his Apprentice uniform, he saw Ian walk out of his room. He was dressed in a Kurai Elite uniform that actually fit him. As he was fixing his black, leather gauntlets, he looked up at Dre. "Surprised to see you up already."

"Surprised to see you so excited about this," Dre retorted. "How long have you been up?"

"Since seven." They both walked to the kitchen and stopped in their tracks once they saw a note attached to the refrigerator door.

Sorry we couldn't be there to see you off. We had to leave early to patrol. Knock 'em dead. Love, mom and dad.

P.S. Don't really knock them dead.

Dre chuckled as he read the bottom line. "That had to have been dad."

"Yeah, but what are they patrolling?"

Dre shrugged as he opened the refrigerator and grabbed two eggs, grape jelly, and the jug of apple juice, and placed them on the deep freezer. "Beats me. I guess they're making sure nothing happens like last time."

Ian, grabbing a plate and a cup, arched a brow. "What happened last time?"

"You weren't there? Dude, it was like a huge invasion. We had to leave the arena before the Edge Walkers broke in."

"Dang. I'm glad I didn't get an invite. Did you wet your pants?" he asked with a sneering laugh, laughing even harder at Dre's glare.

~~~~

After eating, they both swallowed their honey drops and was transported to the front of the A-mii Stadium. They gaped at just how huge the building was. The walls outside of the arena were made of opaque glass. Posters of different types of advertisements were perched on both the outside and inside of the building. A black electronic sign hung above the entrance door. Red text slid across the face of the sign. Come see the future Elemancers of tomorrow clash in this year's Junior Tournament, it had said.

"We're supposed to be meeting the group in the locker room," Ian said as he strolled inside. Dre followed. "I don't even know why we had to be the first ones to fight. I could've gotten more sleep."

"I think it's pretty odd," Dre commented. "We were first with the practice fights too. I think there may be something making us go first." He heaved an angry sigh. "I swear if Hiro's behind this-"

"Man, you won't do anything if it was." Ian stopped abruptly, making Dre almost run into him. "Yo, Keiko!" he called.

Keiko turned around before she smiled and waved. "Oh, hi Ian. Hi Dre."

"I'm surprised to see you without Michael shadowing you," Ian said as she pranced to them.

"Michael had to go to the bathroom. He told me to wait out here. He's not too happy with having to sit the tournament out."

Dre chuckled. "So, have you guys gotten to the transfer room yet? We're kind of lost."

"Uh huh," Keiko nodded. She pointed down the hall behind her. "It's a little ways down there. Everyone's already inside. Fair warning, though, it's pretty quiet."