Chapter 54

Dre sleepily opened his eyes. He was on an island looking out to the mirror-like waters of The World Where Titans Sleep. "Megumi Gladestone, huh," he heard Hiro's voice above him. Dre looked up, seeing a branch thick enough for a person to sit overhead. Hiro vaulted from it and landed in front of Dre, wearing his usual black samurai attire. He looked over to Dre, the "X" scar pronounced on his left cheek. "I've got to admit, I was halfway guessing that she was a lesbian, but even then it still shocked me."

"Hiro? What are you doing here? I thought I beat you."

"You did? I don't know, you kind of blacked out on me in the middle of out skirmish, yelling 'I can do much more,' like an anime character."

Dre looked away, embarrassed. "That's something my dad taught me. He makes me say it whenever I'm in doubt." Realization crossed his mind; Aggaron was on the move. To Hiro's surprise, Dre pulled his dream-Suscéptor from its sheath on his hip. "We don't have time to take it easy. Aggaron attacked my brother earlier today. He's going to come after me next."

"Ah, yes," Hiro said thoughtfully as he stroked his scruffy chin. "The attack on your brother. I actually saw what happened. Aggaron's not even close to being able to leave his realm. We've got plenty of time."

"Oh." He sheathed his sword. "Well, don't I feel stupid."

"From what I've seen, you should be used to that feeling."

"Hey." Hiro chuckled as he sat down in front of the tree. "Quick question."

"Shoot."

"If Aggaron didn't attack, what did Loyalty see?"

"Short story; he saw a mirage of Aggaron."

"Long story?" Dre asked as he sat beside Hiro.

"The long story is that while he can use all five elements, he can also use dark magic, something that is quite similar to Spirit, except for some key differences."

"And those differences are?"

"Something you'll learn once you meet Reiax himself."

"You suck," Dre sighed. "Wait, what do you mean meet Reiax?"

"You. Will. Get. To. Meet. Reiax," Hero said slowly. "What, you thought you was just going to meet me?" Dre frowned. "Oh, no. You'll meet me, Reiax, and possibly even some of the former Kings if you're lucky. Come on, he said as he stood; in a flash, his eyes turned bright red, his hair silver. "We'd better not let this time go to waste."

"You're going to teach me more advanced elemental control?" Dre asked, hopeful.

"Not really. I'm going to tell you about enchantment." Dre blinked. Sighing, Hiro explained, "Just think about how a special move is done in anime or a video game." He held his hand out to the endless mirror of the world. "See, I could just simply put everything I've got into a blast like so-" fire erupted from his palm, almost forcing Hiro backwards. Dre hissed at the heat as he shielded his eyes with a hand. "Now, if I enchant it, I put my spirit into my voice, which in turn transfer to my element, making it much stronger than before. For example, Boreí oi pyrkagiés tou Ouranoú enischýsei mou," he cried; the wave of fire grew at least twice the size of before, burning hotter and brighter. Dre felt as if his body was being engulfed by the flame. As soon as he released the fire, he stopped; a wide crevice indented in the mirrored ground. The indention slowly fell into itself, like a wave moving in slow motion.

Dre stared in amazement as the world mended itself. "Whoa."

"If you remember, both Raheem and Megumi said something to the animals in the same language. There are plenty of others that you'll learn; some that heals, some that destroys. If you're like Toney, you could even create your own. He's shown you Star Killer, right?"