Never Go Away

(A/N Hey guys! I recently read and tried to reply to as many comments as I could. They made me so happy! I love all of you. I hope you guys spread the story around. Message me @EmisonFans for things you may want to see and your own ideas! Also, if I don't reply to your comment, I'm sorry. Just know that I read them and love them all! More to come! If you're reading this, You inspire me every day! I try to update as much as I can. Please stay patient with me! Some days there may be more than others, but I will try to publish at least one chapter a day!)

----------------------------------------------

Alison stopped pacing and stared at Emily. "You what?" she asked.

Emily gritted her teeth. Why was this so goddamn hard?

"I never stopped loving you, Ali. When I left Rosewood, I didn't want to. I had to. And you're right. I wouldn't have stayed. But if you had wanted to come with me, I would've taken you with me. The last thing I ever wanted to do was leave you here," Emily said.

Alison felt her heart shatter into a million pieces. How could Emily stand here five years later and tell her this? After all the separation? After Emily joined the army and deployed to a wasteland?

"You should've told me that," Alison said. "You shouldn't be telling me this now."

"I had no choice, Ali. I knew your decision. And you had to stay here for an extra year of high school anyways because of your disappearance. I had to move on with my life too. I couldn't wait around for you," Emily said.

Alison didn't want to hear any more. She turned away from Emily and went to the kitchen.

She began to pour herself a glass of wine. She knew she definitely needed it.

Emily's boots clunked against the ground as she made her way into the kitchen and leaned against the doorframe.

"I'd offer you one, but I'm assuming you don't drink much wine anymore," Alison said.

Emily shrugged. "Really only single malt whiskey."

Emily wasn't sure what to do. They had confessed that they loved each other. Or at least, Alison used to love Emily.

"Do you still feel the same way?" Emily asked.

Alison's eyebrows stitched together in confusion. "About?"

Typical me. Playing dumb to get what I want. You know she knows what you're talking about. Don't be stupid, Em, the Other Alison said.

Emily scoffed. "You know what I'm talking about. Do you still love me?"

Alison shrugged and took another sip of wine. "It doesn't really matter, does it? I'm seeing somebody."

Emily's heart dropped. "What?"

Alison wouldn't meet her eyes. "I'm seeing somebody," she repeated.

Emily shuffled her feet and began to blush. How was that fair? How could Alison get to lead her on only to tell her that she couldn't be with Emily anyways?

"You've got to be joking," Emily muttered.

Alison finished her first glass and spun on Emily, her expression angry. "You left. I'm allowed to date."

"I never said you couldn't," Emily said. A hint of jealousy poked through. Alison didn't realize who she was testing.

"But you don't want me to. Five years later, and you still think I'm yours," Alison whispered.