Clean

The earth from above blocked the moon's glow into the old dollhouse entrance. Emily was surprised the cops hadn't locked it up since the last time Charlotte was here. Then again, it probably was. The person who was last here unlocked it.

Watch your step, Em. We all know how bad this will go down when I find out, The Other Alison teased.

Emily checked her watch. It was already 8:00 PM. Alison was probably wondering where she was.

"Alright guys. Search quickly, and thoroughly. I have to get home soon," Emily said.

"Why?" Spencer asked.

"Because Ali is expecting me. And if I don't make it home in time, she'll go looking for me. And I can't have that happen," Emily said.

"Let's split up now. Don't touch anything," Toby said.

The groups separated, leaving Emily alone. Emily didn't realize it, but she had begun to hum.

Hush little liar don't you cry... Charlotte's gonna sing you a lullaby, The voice in her head sang. Though it sounded darker than Alison's.

A chill ran down Emily's spine as she continued stalking into the darkness.

The corridors looked the same. Empty rooms layered the walls. Emily pushed into one of the rooms with her rifle aimed high.

"Clear," Emily muttered to herself once she'd finished making sure nobody else was in the room.

She checked in the small fake closets with the crudely painted, rotting doors. She noticed scratches on the wall.

This was where she'd been. This was -A's room for her when she was in the dollhouse. She had made those marks to keep time. Eventually, she lost count on how many days she had been there. You could never know when the sun rose and when the sun set.

Her breath caught in her throat as she backed out of the room, her fists clenching around the trigger of her rifle.

Hush little liar don't you cry... Charlotte's gonna sing you a lullaby, The voice said, this time louder in Emily's ears.

She heard scratching of heels coming from down the hall, Hanna's shrill voice screaming after it.

Emily gripped her rifle tightly and shot in the direction of Hanna's screams. "HANNA!"

She rounded the corner and slammed straight into the blonde, knocking her on her ass. Hanna looked up at her, wide eyed.

Emily bent down and held her shoulders worriedly.

"Are you okay?! What happened?! Where are Spencer and Toby?!" Emily asked viciously.

Hanna shook her head. "Somehow we got split up. I-I don't know... I thought I saw something."

"Why did you scream?!" Emily asked.

Hanna's eyes lowered to the floor. "I fell into a spider web."

"Are you serious?" Emily asked as she stood up angrily.

"Em, you don't understand. It was huge and really scary. It could've eaten my face off," Hanna blurted out.

Emily pinched the rim of her nose before Spencer and Toby ran around one of the opposite corners, panting wildly.

"We heard a scream!" Spencer said.