Our Deal

Emily sat down on Spencer's hotel couch while Alison sat with Aria and Hanna in the separate room. Aria had agreed to distract Alison while Spencer, Emily, Toby, and Caleb planned. The less she knew, the better.

"You want to kill -A?" Toby asked, utterly shocked.

Emily grimaced. "Uber -A. And yes, I do. He's trying to kill us. We have no choice."

Toby scoffed. "Yes we do, Emily. There is always another choice. We should bring him to justice. You don't get to play the cops."

"Yeah, and a great help they've been!" Emily spat.

Toby went silent, his lips pressed together into a long, thin line.

Caleb cleared his throat. "She's got a point man. It's not ideal. None of us want to do it. But if you're being fired at, you're not just going to sit there and take it. You're going to fire back."

"Yeah, and what if Uber -A has a bomb? Not legitimately, but metaphorically you know what I mean," Toby said skeptically.

Spencer rolled her eyes. "Stop."

"Spence, you know -A is always one step ahead of us," Toby begged.

Spencer sighed and rubbed her forehead with her index finger and thumb. "This isn't -A. This is some freak who has homicidal tendencies. This person killed -A."

"That just makes them much more dangerous!" Toby insisted.

"Toby, I am going to take him out. You're not going to stop me. If you're going to play the cop, you can leave," Emily griped.

Toby shook his head for a second and stared at the ground before pulling his badge out of his pocket and placing it on the table. "Fine. I'll listen. No police business."

"Good," Emily said.

Spencer sighed. "We have to lead Uber -A back here. Somehow."

Caleb turned from his computer and grunted. "Well. I think I found where the burner phone was last used."

Emily narrowed her eyes and turned around to look over his shoulder. "Jackson Street? That's about a block away from Ali's apartment."

"He was that close?" Spencer asked, stupefied.

Emily grit her teeth. "Not very comforting, Spence."

"Sorry," Spencer apologized.

Caleb sighed. "That's about as much as I can get. I have an address. 1430 Jackson Street."

Emily stood up and grabbed her keys off of the table. "I'm going. Spencer, make sure Ali stays here. Don't let her know anything."

Spencer's eyes grew wide. "Are you serious? Emily, what the hell am I going to tell her? She will ask, you know she will."

Emily rolled her eyes. "Tell her I'm going out to get ice cream or something. I'll be back soon. She won't even know I'm gone."

"Where are you going?" A voice asked.

Emily turned around to see Alison standing against the wall of the hotel room, her dimples pitted deep in her cheeks as a worried expression overcame her face.

"Ali," Emily said slowly.

"Where are you going, Emily?" Alison asked again in a stern voice.

Emily sighed and looked Alison in the eyes gently. "I'm going to just go get us some ice cream."

Spencer's expression turned hard from behind Alison. Her glare cut like a knife.

Alison's gaze softened a bit. "Oh... Could I go with you?"