4: Spontaneous Visits

"What do you mean you don't know if you're going to visit Oikawa's practice?" Ami gave you a look saying 'this is a big deal'. She lightly smacked your arm as her other hand was occupied by her little brother.

"Why is it a big deal?" Ami's brother wondered out loud.

You turn to him and shrug. "Who knows Souta."

Ami gives a frustrated sigh. "You're so hard to work with sometimes." She gave you a little glare before she perked back up again. "Oh! Actually, I'm pretty sure Hanamaki-kun is on the volleyball team!"

"Hanamaki-kun..?"

Another smack.

"The guy I was talking to you about! He's pretty quiet but I've managed to get a few more words out of him. If you won't go for Oikawa then go for me!" Her face began to form into that very convincing pout you couldn't reject.

"W-well, what about our own club?" Your voice wavers a little, trying to keep hold of the will you had.

She hummed in thought. "Hey wait, didn't you say you were in a slump? This is more of a reason as to why you should take a break! We can skip club today, okay?"

"Ah—" You wanted to retort but Ami walked off towards the daycare quickly with her little brother. "Bye Souta!"

You could hear him reply back in a little voice before he was whisked away inside. You pouted a little as you stood and waited for her outside. Wait...didn't he say to tell him when you were going to come visit him? You didn't know how he would react if you came in unannounced. Your thoughts were cut off by Ami's hand smacking your shoulder.

"So! As I was saying, today after school I'll wait by your room so we can go watch them practice okay?"

You opened your mouth to disagree but the look she was giving seemed that there was no room for objections. You sigh. You can go to the club room after their practice to get some work done.

"Ah, ah." Her finger wagged in front of you. "Don't even think about going to the club room after their practice! Today is a day of rest!"

You stiffened. That was not reassuring at all. Your brows furrowed in discontent trying to figure out not to go about the day completely empty handed. "At least let me bring my sketchbook to their practice then." 

Another look. 

"It's just sketching!" Your hands raise up in protest at her unconvinced expression.

She sighs in agreement. "Fine. There's no pulling you away from it completely even if I wanted to."

Grinning, you bump your shoulders to hers in a friendly gesture. "Thanks for understanding Ami."

"Yeah, yeah. Try to get the other guys away from Hanamaki-kun if I manage to talk to him though!"

"...I'm really not sure how much help I can be but I'll try."

"That's the spirit!"

~~

The school day comes to an end as your classmates start shuffling out of their seats and plans to go out after school are made. Packing your things, you try to shuffle out the door but the more rowdy boys in your class blocked the doorway, again. You knew one of the guys in the group since he was also in the art club.

"Excuse me guys," your face was unfazed by their antics, "kind of need to get through here."

"Oh, [Surname]-chan." Your fellow club member turns over to you. "Heading to the club room already?"