22: It Takes Two

The news spread faster than you expected, voices fluttering about how Oikawa was now off the market as you aimlessly walked through the hallways on a bright Monday morning, yawning as you rubbed the sleep from your eyes. Ami stood by you almost like a guard dog, her stares making people turn away from you two even with her small form.

"...What was he thinking..." Ami grumbled to herself, eyeing down anyone that wanted to interrogate you for answers.

You had opted to just let people figure things out on their own, not entirely interested in telling every person you saw about your recent relationship. All you needed to know was that the feeling was mutual and you two had made plans to make things work out after graduating.

However, Oikawa wasn't very discreet, not that he needed to hide it or anything, but pressing a light kiss on the crown of your head as soon as he saw you first thing in the morning made everything blow up sporadically. He sent you a cheeky grin before he walked off with Iwaizumi, calling out that he'd meet you for lunch later today.

You rolled your eyes at your current predicament. "He really wasn't..." Ignoring the stares from the people you two had passed by, you raised your hand in a wave, letting Ami know that you could take it from there. "Thanks for walking me to my classroom."

Ami huffs, placing her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowing at people she suspected would approach you about your current relationship. "No thanks needed, I need to make sure you're okay." Staring at you with concern, Ami's lips curl down into a slight frown. "I just don't want a repeat of what happened last time...I mean, you were just friends with him before but now...!"

You quiet Ami down by patting her arm softly. "He's just excited, don't hold it against him." The corners of your lips twitch up into a smile. "As for any future problems, I knew what I was getting myself into when I got into a relationship with him. I can handle it."

Ami lets out a resigned sigh as she nods at you. "Alright. But...!" She holds up her index finger and gives you a hard stare. "If anyone gives you a hard time, don't keep it to yourself okay?" Her look doesn't waver until you tilt your head down slightly for a small nod.

With that, Ami's expression reverts back into a grin before she walks off to go to her classroom, telling you to have fun at lunch today with Oikawa. Once her back is turned, you reach your arm out and grip the door handle, sliding the door open.

It wasn't hard to figure out that the chatter died down considerably, your classmates eyeing you like the people in the hallway. Even your girl friends in the class locked their eyes on you, waiting for you to reach your desk so they could bombard you with questions. Letting out an internal sigh, you brace yourself for the impact as you make your way to your desk at a considerable pace.

"[Surname]-chan!" One of the girls greets you with a beaming smile, unable to contain her obvious excitement. "Is it true?!"

Another one of the girls beside the first one questions you at the same time. "Or was Oikawa just being too friendly with you this morning?"

"I mean he is pretty friendly..." A classmate pipes up beside you, making you realize the growing crowd around your desk. You raise a brow at the multiple people asking you questions at the same time, not leaving any room for you to actually answer them. You decide wait for them to settle down.

For Oikawa to handle a crowd like this on a regular basis made you see why he has so much energy all the time, matching the energy around him to keep people engaged. However, you were no Oikawa so you needed another way to handle this situation.

As soon as the thought passed your mind, you heard Iwaizumi's gruff voice call out to the people around you to back off and give you some room. Your classmates are startled by his booming voice, usually saved for Oikawa and his antics, and slowly backed up until Iwaizumi and Tadashi got through to you. Tadashi stood by your desk to keep people from crowding around you again and Iwaizumi said nothing more, eying everyone down until they gave up and went back to their seats, grumbling about how they wouldn't be able to ask Iwaizumi questions either at this rate.