8: Friends

"Hey Rudolph, what do you think about this?"

"Hm?" You turn away from the canvas and look over at a video on Oikawa's phone. Your eyes widened. "This game looks completely one-sided!" Your eyes trail over to one of the players who seemed to take center stage. "Who's that?"

Oikawa looks over at who you're pointing at. "Hm~ That's Ushiwaka-chan, Shiratorizawa's ace."

You take in the new information and continue watching the game, your stomach feeling more unsettled as you notice the gap between the two teams. "Is that who you're going to face?"

When you face him, the look on his face seemed to answer it. His face held a mixture of different emotions and the only one you could identify was that he was very much looking forward to this game.

You can now see why he had been having extra practices recently. The same extra practices which lead you guys to befriend each other.

As excited as he was, you could notice that he started to lose himself while he was watching the videos, and not in the good way. You put your hand over his shoulder to make him look up at you. "I'm done for the day, lets go."

As if he knew what you were asking him to do, he sighs and pockets his phone a few moments later. "Just give me a second, I need to grab something real quick." You nod as he stands up and grabs his bag.

"I'll wait for you at the entrance then." You follow him out the door and close it. He makes a noise of acknowledgement that he heard it before you part ways.

~~

The following morning seemed like a mess. One moment you're having your usual walk to school with Ami until there's a six foot tall high school boy clutching onto you for his dear life.

"Rudolph! I lost my phone!" He whines as Ami shoots you a look from the side that said 'we're talking about this later'. This meaning how he was clutching onto you as a lifeline.

"Well, when did you last see it?" You hastily pry him off you in attempts to gain some of your pride back.

"That's the thing! The last time I saw it was when I was showing you the video yesterday!" His voice goes up a few notches higher in a more childish tone. "I can't live without my phone~"

You roll your eyes and see Iwaizumi coming up from behind him. "Hey Trashykawa it's your own fault, don't bring [Surname]-san into this."

You rack your memory about what the phone looked like before an image pops into your head. "No, that's okay Iwaizumi-san, I'll look for it too. It might have just dropped in the art clubroom." You think a little more. "Oh, but before we left you said you needed to grab something so you might have dropped it there too." You turn to him and shrug.

He beams at your response. "You're the best Rudolph-chan! I totally forgot about that!"

"Well, if it's solved for now, lets start walking again!" Ami interjected. You look around to see more and more people forming around you four in an audience. "Chop chop, time to walk!"

As soon as Iwaizumi manages to pull a whining Oikawa away from you, Ami sticks to your side like a magnet. "When did you guys get that close?" She gave you a teasing look.

You just sigh and brush her off. "Wasn't he always like that to people?"

Ami shakes her head. "No, not at all! You guys seem to be pretty good friends now though!" She nudges your side. "Maybe I should stay after school more often and grab myself a nice looking guy too!"

"What? Don't you have that guy you've been pining over? What was his name again..." You look up in thought. "...Uh, Hanamato-san?"

Soon after, you are met with a swift blow to the arm.