20: Expressions

Although you wanted to sort things out right away, it wasn't really the best time for you to start sorting out your thoughts when you had exams right around the corner.

Currently, you and Oikawa had opted to go study at a local library the week before exams rather than continuing the usual after club practice. But although both of you guys had started out strong and were quite diligent in your studies, it soon fizzled out and Oikawa had lost interest first resulting in you falling to the same fate.

To rephrase, Oikawa did a very good job in making you lose your focus.

It starts out harmless as Oikawa lets out a loud sigh and leans back in his seat. Then it progressively gets worse as he starts tapping his pencil obnoxiously to get your attention but it only makes you stare even harder at your books.

Soon the tapping quiets down and you hear him scribbling in his notebook, making you assume that he went back to work because you weren't playing along with him.

However, when you hear him rip a piece of paper and subtly slide it over your papers, you let out a chuckle despite how serious you wanted to be at that moment. It was such a poorly drawn scribble he had made on the spot where he seemed to have drawn a reindeer which was apparently Rudolph from his use of his red pen for the nose.

Shaking your head, you finally turn your attention to him, seeing his face light up as you do so. "...I guess it's time to pack up?" You raise your brow at him as he beams at your suggestion.

"You said it, not me~" He hums, packing his stuff faster than he had spread it out to study.

You roll your eyes and pack up as well, but not before waving Oikawa's scribble at him. "I put the blame on this."

Oikawa pouts at your poke at his drawing. "I worked hard on that!" His pout doesn't last long as it's replaced by a thoughtful expression, resting his elbows on the table as he leaned over it. "But you could teach me how to draw a better one?"

The look on his face spelled trouble but you were tired from your study session and just went with whatever he had planned. "Hah...Then come sit beside me and I'll help you draw a reindeer before we head home."

He sends you a cheeky grin as he immediately makes his way beside you excitedly, plopping down on the seat next to you. Oikawa looks at you expectantly as you carefully rip out a page from your notebook and place it on the table between the two of you.

Placing your own pencil tip on the page, you start to draw the head. "So you start it like...this." You eye him to make sure he pays attention before you start drawing. To your surprise, Oikawa focuses on it intently, his finger trying to copy your movements on the table.

Once you finish, you turn your attention back to Oikawa who continues to give it a hard stare before he copies how you drew it with his pencil and successfully draws it similar to his first scribble.

"Eh~ This...doesn't look right..." Oikawa trails off, staring at the head of the reindeer. His eye darts from your doodle to his before it widens when you place your smaller hand over his. Oikawa's head snaps towards you but you're focused on the paper between you two.

Your brows scrunch when you noticed him starting to falter and you carefully start a new doodle on the page. "Lets try with another method then." With your hand placed over his, it was harder to grasp where the pencil was but Oikawa kept it steady.

Soon, both of you guys have finished the doodle and you promptly remove your hand from his and grin at him. "I'll let you add the finishing touch!" You urge him to take the red pen when he stares at you with a blank expression.